rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Good to hear it is going to someone that will continue to look after it :)

Would it not be worth your dad holding on to the nanocom though? I mean - at some point, he's going to need it. Unless he has one already I suppose!

PM Sent :)

Also PM'ed-- expect I am a bit late- but had to ask.

Aside from the fact that for the NANO you can buy a very expensive software package to unlock the BECM, and that you need a PC- any opinion about choosing between the NANO or the Evolution. Spent much time on BBS reading and watching their videos- along with some chit-chat back and forth with the owner- but I am still not clear about the practical differences between the two. I know I like the full-screen format of the NANO- but perhaps not enough to spend an extra $200-$300 difference.

I know your not supposed to sell stuff on the forums but

You're allowed to sell stuff on this forum as long as you're not taking the piss.

MarkTr wrote:

It arrived at my house this morning, sorry :P

RutlandRover wrote:

MarkTr wrote:

Good for you--- I ordered one after I received no reply--- now I hope it does not get caught up in customs. Only businesses which provide a bunch of paperwork seem to get US customs attention. From the order reply I received when my order went through- Blackbox seems to wave a red flag with import paperwork. I know it is the correct and proper thing to do- but last time this happened I had to apply for an Importer license from the US government and pay double. This was about five years ago so I am sure it has lapsed. Not sure what paperwork triggers this response but it has only happened when I bought from a business.

Doesn't sound like much fun.

I'm sure plenty of people over there have ordered Nanocom, I wonder if it might be worth asking on the other forum how they went about it.

It is going to be what it is going to be--- part of the total acceptance I must immerse myself in as I get my P38 back on the road- and keep on the road.

MarkTr wrote:

RutlandRover wrote:

MarkTr wrote:

Good for you--- I ordered one after I received no reply--- now I hope it does not get caught up in customs. Only businesses which provide a bunch of paperwork seem to get US customs attention. From the order reply I received when my order went through- Blackbox seems to wave a red flag with import paperwork. I know it is the correct and proper thing to do- but last time this happened I had to apply for an Importer license from the US government and pay double. This was about five years ago so I am sure it has lapsed. Not sure what paperwork triggers this response but it has only happened when I bought from a business.

It can sometimes be just as simple as the carrier used to ship causing it to trip something. As you say in your other reply you will have to wait and see as its already on its way. Alot of the Chinese sourced/supplied stuff here sails through customs with no issue even when it probably shouldn't do, but the Nanocom is a proper supported diagnostic tool supplied by the manufacturer and supported by them, unlike a lot of the cloned kit available out there for this sort of task on other vehicles.