rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

The stereo won’t come out of the dash even when I use the factory radio removal tools
Have no idea what’s causing it to jam inside. I believe the previous owner had the original removed to replace it with another genuine P38 stereo. Won’t even budge
I’ve rebuilt two P38s from ground up and I have no short cut in mind as to how to remove the thing.
Anyone have any ideas that does not involve removing the Heater Matrix and jacking up the left rear end and having the sunroof open on a Friday during the second full moon, as seems to be the case with any P38 task!

Pulling the HEVAC out can make things easier, otherwise remove the complete facia surround and the radio comes out with it.

Removing the facia won’t work because the wiring to the back of the stereo would not come out far enough to allow me access to the clips holding stereo into the frame.....

With the HEVAC out you should be able to pull the whole facia surround enough to get your hand in there and unplug the wiring. But it should come out far enough anyway as there is sufficient slack on the cables to allow the radio to be pulled clear of the dash and the plugs pulled out.

Thanks Gilbertd, but I tried that. Those plugs are a b@$#ard to remove even when the radio is fully out. It’s impossible to get them out without having the radio out of its mounting and away from the facia.....
Getting close to the nuclear option..... wire cutters.
I’ll give it a few more atte,pets over the weekends as I can’t take this as a defeat...

You know what will happen, all of a sudden it will pop out, I had I fight with mine, then all of a sudden it came out