rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I spent an hour this morning stripping the button after I noticed the button lost its springiness.

I bought a spring and o-ring from a guy on ebay last week. A tad expensive for what it is, but worth it I think.

Ebay

It is very easy to do.

This is the guys video which helps.

Video

This is the spring I removed. Eek

Rusty spring

Looks wonderful compared to the one I took out of mine half decade ago.

I cheated and wound a new spring myself. Actually 2 new ones so I have a spare (somewhere!). Quicker than chasing around finding where to buy one and having to take the switch all out again to fit it.

Clive

Agreed, it may be pretty manky but it's at least still in one piece. I modified one from an LPG cap when I did mine.

Something else I’m sure will fail on mine , it’s gone into sulk mode after 2 yrs of being reliable, now it’s in, your be lucky mode 😂🤣😂.

Absolutely nowhere around here does that sort if stuff. Sometimes it's easier to go my way :)

Feels lovely now.

Mine has decided to sulk at the moment.
Diesel leak off pipes keep leaking:(

An old post but here is an updated link to a guy on Ebay selling a service kit to repair the button Service Kit
Spring is stainless steel so should solve the corrosion problem.

Nice find...saw it time ago and decided 18 pounds was just too much. I've instead given the spring to be coated with new zinc and hope will be fine ...

Paul, the vendor of the stainless steel spring, is a very nice and friendly guy. He refurbishes steering wheels for the P38 and offers decal kits for the cruise control and ICE buttons.

Add this link as well Tailgate button seal

and this another seal