rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Flexiplate, anybody changed one of these? Is their anything else to change at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Since you've got to have the engine out you may as well do the rear seal and core plugs that you can get at.

When @miah and I did my core plugs we noticed the flexplate was cracked. Not actually broken but if you bent it a little you could feel the edges of the crack with your thumbnail.

Thankyou for the info, can you do it from removing the gearbox. If I was having the gearbox refurbished?

Yes, it's a job for either engine out or gearbox off so if the box is coming off anyway, then that's the ideal time to do it.

Flex plates are cheap, so if the engine is out or box off, then treat it like a service part and change it. Ashcroft do a heavy duty one for not much money.

i did read somewhere that you can move the motor forward enough to do the flex plate without removing all together, i have not done this ?

Like doing a clutch on a series Land Rover, you can move the gearbox back about 5", which is enough to get in and do the job, without having to take out all of the seat boxes etc, almost halving the time it would otherwise take.

Thanks chaps very helpful. Will get on to Ashcrofts