rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

Hi
Went to the car today and the car is immobilized and i cant turn it off. My fob had been disabled before I bought the car so the alarm was turned off on the key.
This morning only the driver door would open and when it did the alarm went off and engine is immobilized.
How do i disable it? , does the the EKA key turning method work on pre 99 models as mine is a 95? I do have my EKA code card but its stored elsewhere so I was wondering if its worth the journey to get it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mick

Hi
Left the battery negative off for a few hours and it reset, Anyone who gets this issue please note, Another thread said leave the negative off for 20 mins, The first time i tried this it was off for 40 mins and did not reset, it took 2 hours plus to reset. Hope this helps.

Kr

Mick

I got key code stored in my fone ---- just in case -- came in very handy when mine did that at work

How do you get your key fob stored on your phone?

Code not fob. I have too, I've got a contact stored called EKA. Not sure how Mick reset his by disconnecting the battery, normally all that does is cause you to have to reset the windows.

Hi all
Can you enter the EKA code via the driver door in P38s before 1999 reg?
All advice online said "If your car is 1999 onward"
Has anyone entered the code with key turns on a pre 1999?

Cheers
Mick

I've entered EKA code on a 97 DSE it worked same as mine ?

Yes you can enter the EKA no matter how early. Difference is that on a later car you need to do 4 turns to lock first, then enter the first number with turns to unlock. On an early one you start with the turns to unlock using the first number of the EKA. Where online did you find bollox about only being able to do it on 99 onwards? There wouldn't be a lot of point having an EKA if you can't enter it. You need a car with a BeCM with V36 or later firmware (from around mid 97) to be able to enter it with a Nanocom or other diagnostics but on all other cars you enter it with the key in the door lock. I have to enter it manually on a regular basis on the Ascot (a 96) as it needs one of Marty's fob filters which means the battery goes flat after a couple of weeks.