rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A tad expensive - but a good idea

You need to paste the link into your message rather then the topic title as the link won’t work.

David.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Discovery-II-coil-pack-relocation-Kit-NO-COIL-PACK-No-Wire-Holders/233676572147

Hmm... I can kinda see the point of them on the Disco 2 as the engine bay is shorter then it is on the P38 which makes changing the coils or leads an utter swine of a job unless you take the manifold off.

The TD5 engine was only developed as the straight 6 was to long to fit the Discovery body whereas it fits the P38 so there’s a lot more room down the back to do the coils/leads on the P38.

Given how few a times you need to change the leads or coils I don’t think it’s worth relocating them personally but I’m sure others may disagree.

David.

that's a lot of money for a couple of bent brackets and some leads

Engine bay looks much more cluttered ... not a worthwhile upgrade in my opinion.
Is not so dramatic, considering the frequency of working there ... expensive as well.
But good that there are guys always thinking alternatives, this means there is still a market and interest!

On the Disco the job isn't bad with the upper plenum removed, which isn't that difficult to do. Having said that, the location of the coils on the Bosch engines is another one of the few design faults on these LR's.

Its possible (though not what I'd call ideal) to do them with the upper section in place on the Disco. Combination of knuckle damage and having to unclip and work around the wiring harness makes it awkard, though I can't see the price on the above being worth it. Also looks like the leads they include are a different length to the originals, so the originals might not fit (fairly sure they wouldn't fit the 2nd bank at least)