rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi guys,

I've searched here, and googled extensively, but no joy....

I'm at the stage where I'm about to fit the swivels back on. I had to remove the old collets, so vertical adjustment will be needed. My googling has shown some Heath Robinson options and I might try a 'workaround' based on these. I'm confident that I'll get it "into the ballpark", but I don't really want to get into a protracted series of tinkering and adjustments, so ideally I'd like to get the proper dimensions and see if I could get something made up locally.

The web has thrown up nothing. Forum posters saying they'd measure and post and then nothing. There was a hopeful looking attachment on the rr.net site, but it can't be found. It's like looking for the 'poo' from the offspring of a unicorn and a rocking horse....

As we probably all know, the proper tool is about £1k..!

I think I did ask this earlier, but buried in a rebuild thread, so I thought I'd try once more and ask more specifically.

Ta.

(off out to the garage shortly to see how confident I am in the results of my workaround option)

He he. Well, maybe not then.

However, I have to say that maybe I was making too much of this. I've managed to get one side adjusted to my satisfaction using the aluminium tube I'd bought to set into the axle and through the swivel as a datum point. There's maybe 0.25/0.5mm of a difference top to bottom, but that's all. Let's see how that goes in real life once the car's back on the road.

If someone does have, or find the critical measurements for the adjustment tool I'd still be really pleased to get hold of those, and maybe make one up that could 'do the rounds' of forum members as required. While I think I've got the height correct, I might not have, and might be dealing with a leak in a few weeks time - in which case the 'tool' would come in very handy.