rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Halfords HSBxxx, Halfords Starter Battery type number, Yuasa YBX5xxx, Yuasa Battery X5 type number.......

I thought that it would be of help to update this thread.

I bought a Yuasa YBX3642 Super Heavy Duty battery, from Battery Megastore. It's 925CC and 110A/H, and cost £112 delivered to Edinburgh.

It has made a big difference to starting, but the biggest gain for me is that the car starts after two weeks being left alone. I was very pleased to find that the car burst into life having been left for a fortnight, even though I had locked and unlocked the car six or seven times, and done a few small jobs under the bonnet.

Previously, the battery would have gone flat after about eight days so I am very pleased that the new battery is holding its' charge well. I checked the voltage before starting the car, and after a fortnight of sitting, with the alarm on etc. etc., the voltage was 12.45vdc, which I think is close to a full charge.

I doubt if I will leave the car for much more than two weeks at a time, but I think that the battery may well last quite a while longer. Anyway, a good result as far as I am concerned.

Pierre3.

When these cars were new, with factory fitted batteries, they were good for about 5 weeks before being too flat to use.

Hi, thanks for the information. I am pretty sure that I don't have any dodgy battery drain, I fitted Marty's key fob filter two years ago, and I don't think that power is draining off anywhere else. I expect that I won't be driving the car much after August so it will be interesting to see then whether it will last four or five weeks between starts. It would be great if it can !!

Incidentally, in answer to your question on another thread about the bonnet seals - they are available, with difficulty, but they are expensive. The two sides cost £89 or thereabouts plus post. The only reason I bought them is because I feel that my car is in A1+ condition, and I like to try to fit new original, or OEM, parts whenever required.

So small stuff, such as the headlight wipers, the three washer motors, the non-return valves for the washers, anything like that, have all been replaced with new parts over the last 18 months, even small bits like a new clip that joins the sunroof internal soft trim, and holds up the roof panel. That took a lot of finding in Lightstone, but I eventually found one at a dealer in Belgium. Along with the major items, such as servicing etc.

Pierre3.