rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi all, I now have to slam the top tailgate for it to fully latch. Is there any adjustment or is it a new latch time? I fitted a used replacement about 3 months ago which worked a treat for a while but now does this too.

Thanks

There's adjustment on the loop attached to the top tailgate but I don't think there's any adjustment on the latch part. I replaced my latch but many years ago and don't remember.

Gilbertd wrote:

There's adjustment on the loop attached to the top tailgate but I don't think there's any adjustment on the latch part. I replaced my latch but many years ago and don't remember.

There’s nothing on the latch that I can see…

i replaced my top door not long ago , its a bit of a juggling act with the bottom door and the top door to get them to close properly and hopefully they wont leak. you can loosen the screws on the top door and move the catch ever so slightly but the only adjustment with the top door is the hinges. good luck with it .

Thanks, I’ve cleaned all the old grease off the catch and added a couple of washers to the loop on the top tailgate and it’s just about latching now!!

Make sure it latches fully and you don't get a spurious tailgate open message on the dash. My spare has been pressed into service shifting building materials and taking the remains of an old kitchen to the dump. It was loaded up on Monday evening and the tailgate closed but it didn't latch fully. Interior lights timed out after 10 minutes so nothing appeared out if the ordinary. Went to it last night and found the battery totally flat. When I put the jump leads on it and turned the ignition on, it immediately came up with tailgate open. Although the interior lights time out and go off, a tailgate open signal stops the BeCM from sleeping. Completely flattened a newly new Hankook MF31-1000 in around 48 hours.

it's not latching at all now!!! Will put the old nearly broken one back on in the morning and sort a new replacement....

Put some packing under loop ---- that should cure problem