rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi Folks, I am thinking of replacing the height sensors on my 1995 P38. I see the later ones ( 1997 to 2002 ) are more readily available and cheaper than the early ones.
Can the later ones be retrofitted to the earlier vehicles and what would be involved?
Thanks,
Alan

My '97 I think (it's raining but I can crawl under and check) has the same as the '99 fitted. Both have an identical ecu, relay and so-on. It's going to be down to the under-car connections I would think. Seems the earlier few years might have had the older type sensors, if mine have been changed then clearly they are swappable one way or another. If mine was built with the later type (which is likely as a few changed happened year by year) someone'll have the answer on here re. any ecu differences etc.

AFAIK there's no difference with the ECU but the difference with the height sensors is a socket on the sensor itself or on a flying lead. Don't see why they can't be swapped as long as there is enough cable, they are only a potentiometer after all.

Hi Gilbert, OK, thanks. I will order some and get them on the old girl. Some times when I start off in the morning she lists a bit to starboard. She comes good after a few bumps or hard corners, so I am thinking a set of height sensors will fix this problem. I am running out of parts to replace.
Regards,
Alan