rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi all.
Following on from the conversation with DaveW on Bolt's thread about my Thor emulators I have been looking into this infamous F-Out box for the GEMS engine ECU.
I must admit, I didn't find a lot of information aside from the technical bulletin out there, but I thought I'd have a bash at replicating one.
I am pleased to say that after a few false starts I have successfully been able to reproduce said item so now the GEMS ECU no longer requires an emulator if running standalone or with a problematic BECM.
Demonstration of the outcome on my youtube channel, which I have linked to below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsoaaFrEzM0

Hope this may be of help to some.
Cheers.
Si

That should be of great importance to us with GEMS P38’s. Thanks Si.

That sounds great

Hi Simon, GR8!

Good work/deduction Simon, Cheers !

davew wrote:

Good work/deduction Simon, Cheers !

Dave,
it was you that fired up the creativity, so thank you.

I checked mine with Nano, and it was already set. Do you think this is as good as the Mobi-lize?

If you check it and Nano says Security Set, it means it has received a valid signal from the BeCM, it's only when it says Unset (or No, can't remember) that you have a problem. However, if you have a Nanocom you can go into Security Learn (Inputs-Others) and cycle the ignition on and back off again. Security will change to Set.

Thanks Richard. I’ve been meaning to order a Mobi-lize but I guess I don’t need to.