rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Now it seems to have a few more features and is running a bit better (I mean, I haven't been able to break it for at least 3 days now), is it about time we started spreading the word and getting a few more people on here?

Yes!

I've mentioned it to a few people I'm in touch with regularly about P38's, so will see how many of them pop up...

Hello :)

Pointed here by the good Marty above - I'd pass word on if I knew anyone else with a P38!

Might be about to start looking after a second one shortly, even more fun and games to be had.

Welcome along, you'll notice quite a difference here. You can talk about your car being an R reg, post all sorts of random bollocks and not have your posts deleted if a thread goes off topic.

Thanks for the invite Gilbertd. Nice to have a new watering hole!
Will seek out random bollocks and make sure I post it (them?) here

R reg? I don't have anything as fancy as an R reg! N reg all the (slow) way!

Seems I'm now looking after a 2001 'Beardeux' model as of today though too, which as far as I can tell is a mix between an SE and HSE with fancy carpet and wheels. Pulls a damn sight better than mine, but it has its own set of problems, naturally.

Aloha, and Kia Ora!
Thanks for the invite Gilbert.
Nice place ya got here....Very roomy.....
Got a wee bit irked by tyrannical admin eh?

Glad to be aboard even though I am currently motoring in my "other Car" It is at least still British, being an Waveney Class Ex RNLI Lifeboat.
Sort of the P-38 of the waves, but without as many electrical issues.(Touch wood!)
I do have the Nanocom on board, in case I find something interesting when I get to Oz in a few months.
Ya never know.....The 85 Classic Outback basher is still very much loved and I am not eager to replace it, but I have been spoiled by the P-38s
Cheers,
Tom aka Bolt

Hi Tom and welcome. Your electrical expertise, along with that of Marty, should be a definite bonus on here. Gordon and I have done just about every job on a P38 that is likely to come up so we've got a fair but of experience.

Yes, got heartily pissed off with the pain in the arse admin on the other site (see, we can say things like that on here without every other word turning into **) who seemed to have it in for Gordon, me and most others from the home of the Range Rover. When he's running a site that was originally started by a New Zealander, now owned by a Canadian company and dedicated to a British car I'm not sure how he can refer to it as an NAS site.

Richard

Gilbertd wrote:

Hi Tom and welcome. Your electrical expertise, along with that of Marty, should be a definite bonus on here. Gordon and I have done just about every job on a P38 that is likely to come up so we've got a fair but of experience.

Yes, got heartily pissed off with the pain in the arse admin on the other site (see, we can say things like that on here without every other word turning into **) who seemed to have it in for Gordon, me and most others from the home of the Range Rover. When he's running a site that was originally started by a New Zealander, now owned by a Canadian company and dedicated to a British car I'm not sure how he can refer to it as an NAS site.

Richard

Because America is the centre oft the known universe?

But only in the opinion of Americans......

Egocentric? Hey, I speak American. The Sun does go around the Earth, you know? Or, is it the P38A? Replaced blend motors, O-rings, temp sensor (all back together and now have heat), headliner, Climate Control repaired in California, fixed key remote, Nav system, new bulbs everywhere, front suspension links, steering damper, added running boards, parcel shelf. Loving my 2002 4.6 HSE LHD Rangie (bought in May,2015).
Enjoying the new site! Gilbertd, among others, gives sound advice.
Vancer, from Memphis, Tennessee USA

Well, I may be an American, but probably not a very good one..........Migrated to Hawaii 26 Years ago!
Mainland USA is a great place to be FROM...........
Of course, now I have even given that up for a more nomadic existence......
So, nope, to ego-centrism here!
Now, there is a very angry ex pat Brit in Wa state who does seem a wee bit peeved at all of the Z Plate registration folks out there........

Bolt wrote:

Now, there is a very angry ex pat Brit in Wa state who does seem a wee bit peeved at all of the Z Plate registration folks out there........

Who would that be? You're not going to let on that RRTH is an ex-pat surely? He must have had the full frontal lobotomy at US immigration......

We get it to a certain degree over here with Londoners. It may be because it can take them 2 hours to drive from one side of London to the other or anywhere you can't get to on the London Underground is a foreign country but they think the world stops outside of London. For 3 years I drove into London every day, 84 miles each way, all motorway, and it I could do it in under an hour and a half. Yet Londoners would look at a map, see how far away somewhere was and wouldn't even consider travelling that sort of distance. Many years ago I used to run a car owners club and we had a meeting every couple of months somewhere in the country. As we couldn't find anywhere suitable in London we arranged one in Windsor. Now it's only 20 or so miles outside of London yet no London based members turned up. A week later I got a phone call from a London member who asked when the next London meeting would be and I told him he'd just missed it. Oh no, that was in Windsor, when's the next one in London? He couldn't comprehend that for me to get there I'd driven to London, gone around the outside and then out to Windsor. Surely, you'd need a couple of overnight stops for a journey like that?

Anyway Tom, we'll accept you as an honorary Brit. You're travelling around the British colonies in a British built boat after all.......

Thanks for inviting me over to this forum I will keep spreading the word

Also if any members in the west mids fancy a get together. I have a country pub and restaurant with a massive carpark, could probably hold 60 P38s!!

Neil
The Anchor Inn
CV100RT

GazGuzzler59 wrote:

Also if any members in the west mids fancy a get together. I have a country pub and restaurant with a massive carpark, could probably hold 60 P38s!!

Now there's someone with good ideas!

GazGuzzler59 wrote:

Thanks for inviting me over to this forum I will keep spreading the word

Neil
The Anchor Inn
CV100RT

That's a fairly central place aswell (well maybe not for Gordon...) but could be worth trying to organise a meet together at some point!