rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi. Just wanted to thank both of you for all the help with my dead door. It was as you said Martyuk. I had two slashed wires and they had corroded. How they were damaged is unknown as I was the first Pearson to pull all the loom out of the floor channel.
All central locking, mirror and internal light all back to normal.
Once again thanks 😀

Gilbertd wrote:

Door outstation. Everything on the door goes via that so if it dies, nothing on the door will work. Both are fed from the same fuses and don't go via the connections behind the kick panel. Easiest check is to swap it for the one on the passenger door and if the fault moves that is definitely the problem.

So could a faulty outstation stop the door unlocking? My passenger door wont unlock from any means, the physical door handles inner and outer, the inner door lock latch or from the remote. It stays persistently locked. I've cut into the door card to manually operate the levers on the latch but it still won't unlock. using the door lock button successfully works the other 3 doors.

The window goes up and down.

Any thoughts?

Would Super-lock do that?

It wouldn't stop the mirror from working, only the door latch.

The outstation failing would stop the mirror from working aswell, as it has the relays in it to drive the motors.

But if the windows work, then the outstation is OK - as it also drives that.

If you can't unlock the door then it probably is a case that the door latch is superlocked, and the sill button won't unlock it - you would need to either destroy to top of the latch or cut the locking hasp to get the door open, and then be able to get the door card off to access the latch.