rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I have just discovered that the rubber twin button press thingy on my fob has gone missing!

I noticed that you can buy these separately, (Amazon etc).

Two questions please.

Is there a recommended supplier of these?

Next step, obtain a spare key fob. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Land Rover for a good quality one, part number YWC000300. If in the UK (or virtually anywhere except the US) they can supply you with a spare keyfob too. Alternatively, your local Timsons will be able to cut you a blade (tell them it is a BMW blank) that you can use.

I got a britpart key refurb kit from island 4x4 , around £10 iirc. Rubber bit fitted well as did the batteries the battery cover didn't fit at all which was a shame still got the chewed up one fitted.

Thanks for the part number.

I will give that a go first.

Spoke to Land Rover. Only £516.00!!!!!!!

I got details of a guy in Haywards Heath who will do a key for £100.00, brilliant!

Thanks guys.....

PM me if anyone wants his number.

They are ripping you off, https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/asr1940-remote-unit-key.html (although now shown as out of stock) but most people have been charged around £250-280. Is that another source of the non-flip keys that the guy in Wales supplies?

The Land Rover price given was from the main dealership, lookers I believe in Guildford.

The one that I am going to is in Sussex, Haywards Heath. No idea of the make but apparently he is well known in the Land Rover circles.

I had a new key supplied by Les Edwards (Classic rides North Wales). Works a treat it is a non flip type.