rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Gilbertd wrote:

Those plugs look to be copper core (fat centre electrode) whereas the recommended NGK equivalent, the PFR6N-11, have a Platinum centre electrode. The first thing I would do would be fit a set of those and see what difference that makes.

I replaced it with another champion and this one does have a platinum center I believe. Going to keep an eye on it but I think you are right, should probably just replace em all and then do ngks (I only replaced cyl 5 plug).

What do you think about the gap being way less gapped? Its almost closed). I am going to pull another one today and look at it and see how it looks.

Somebody probably dropped it when fitting it and closed the gap up. A too small gap will cause a misfire too, the gap on the NGKs is 1.1mm (hence the 11 on the end of the type number). For a piston to hit a spark plug you'd need ridiculously high compression pistons and heads that have been skimmed far too much.

Thanks for your knowledge, really appreciate it.

Will update as I drive it more and keep an eye on the live reading of misfires. I still have to replace the wires and so I might just do all the plugs when I do that and will just get NGKs.

Quick question for you. How is it that I am reading a misfire when live reading through the nanocom but then there are not codes being thrown up (neither on the nanocom or through the service light?)

No idea, a UK car wouldn't bring on the service light for a misfire (or for most other things either) whereas US spec cars seem to bring it on for the slightest reason. Maybe you are just lucky (or a previous owner has fitted a UK spec ECU).

Gilbertd wrote:

No idea, a UK car wouldn't bring on the service light for a misfire (or for most other things either) whereas US spec cars seem to bring it on for the slightest reason. Maybe you are just lucky (or a previous owner has fitted a UK spec ECU).

thats really interesting about US vs UK cars.

Well it did bring it up a few months ago, 1 time but since then nothing