rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Welcome :)

Your life sounds suspiciously like mine!

P38...
New baby...
Mrs with a Corsa you hate...

Think we’re all in the same boat, luckily enough my lpg failed this week, so other half has gone upto redcar in her Clio,,, otherwise guess who would be the lucky person driving it around, lol

And, as I posted in your other thread...
Hi Billy
I was mightily relieved that you didn't buy that first shed you were looking at :)
Cornwall is pretty devoid of LPG installers, but here's an index search for what there are out there
https://www.drivelpg.co.uk/approved-installers/find-an-approved-installer/
Maybe LPGC on here can suggest somebody, or perhaps you fancy a little holiday Oop North where he'll be able to sort you out with a decent installation?
Good luck with the new one. Bear in mind that a weekend tinker-toy quickly turns into an all your spare time tinker toy until you get on top of it!

I had to sell my 3dr ST170 due to practicality reasons. Got a Mondeo instead but it proved to be a complete nugget and it went back after less than a month of ownership. Clearly no one else was impressed with it as they still had it last month (we gave it back last April!).

At that point the P38 became my daily driver :D

Got a link to to the one you didn't buy? Sounds like an awful specimen!

Redraptor141 wrote:

I’m an aircraft engineer on a very very old airframe, so I truly understand the struggle of 75 manhours for every flying hour lol a p38 will be a breeze!...... he says.

Not involved in the ZF580 project are you?

I read your post on RR.net and wondered if one of the boys would direct you here lol. I think no matter what goes wrong with your car, there is someone here that will put you right!! Wait until LPGC comes along and he'll see you right about an installation. He does it for a living.

I hoped OB would steer you away from the dark side. As for the droopy headlining, they all do it sooner or later. We had a headlining replacement production line going at our last Summer Camp in Wiltshire, did 6 or 7 over the weekend (see https://rangerovers.pub/topic/663-summer-camp-2017-head-lining-photos). Martrim is where you need to go, £60 for a big roll of headlining material and 3 cans of the stickiest sticky stuff you'll ever find.

I'm still chuffed to bits with mine. The wrinkles in the handle recesses sorted themselves out and it looks great!

I read your post on RR.net and wondered if one of the boys would direct you here lol. I think no matter what goes wrong with your car, there is someone here that will put you right!! Wait until LPGC comes along and he'll see you right about an installation. He does it for a living.

As if any of us would direct someone here from rr,net, were not allowed to do that. Lol

Administrator

As if As if any of us would direct someone here from rr,net, were not allowed to do that. Lolany of us would direct someone here from rr,net, were not allowed to do that. Lol

I hear the rr.net mods get awfully trigger-happy if they hear about that happening ;-)

Redraptor- you might want to think about adding your name to the "I want a Nano" list that lives somewhere on this forum. If you're keeping the new one as a long-term project car, a Nano is a worthwhile investment

Hello,

A Nano is one of these.... (I have started a thread to see if we can get a group buy together.)

https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com

Redraptor141 wrote:

... if I’m going to be dropping a grand on a LPG conversion I might as well get that too!

You won't get much of an LPG conversion with new components for a grand!
Message LPGC on here. He's the guy to discuss LPG conversions, options and costs with. Although a lot of us have them, maintain them and we have a great knowledge pool, he installs them for a living.

Fit it yourself, and in all honesty, there's nothing that you shouldn't be capable of, and you'd be looking at around £800 for a pretty decent system. As well as being a full time installer, Simon also supplies complete systems for DIY installers. One piece of advice, unless the car has dual trailer sockets, fit the filler in the centre (where the other trailer socket would be), no big holes in the bodywork and you can fill up from either side.