rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

What kind of MPG are you guys getting on LPG?

My commute is around 20 miles each way. I have an option of going cross country with lots of windy corners, stopping, crossing main roads and accelerating back up to 60mph or taking the motorway which has 2-3 miles of stop start traffic at each end.

I leave it up to the satnav to decide which route I should take on any given day as it gets traffic updates etc.

I'm averaging somewhere around 14mpg on LPG.

Sounds about right. I get between 13 and 16 mpg depending on whether it's running around town or on a long run (although with 3 tonnes hanging off the back I am down to single figures!). Stop start traffic doesn't seem to affect it too much it's the accelerating back up to speed that does. I would think on petrol for a similar run you'd be looking at around 18-19 so with the price difference, even though you are using more, it's still around half price give or take depending on how much you are having to pay for LPG. I filled up earlier today at 54p a litre so a decent amount less than half the price of petrol although the A1(M) services are at 67p, almost exactly half of what they charge for petrol.

That's about what I'm getting. I reckon about 240 miles to 80 litres, in "mixed driving" and a bit more if I'm doing a steady motorway drive. If I can do a steady 50mph I can get up around 270...

The highest I had out of mine was all long distance too.. I have a 75L usable capacity tank, and got about 265 miles out of it.. it was pretty much full motorway driving at 70mph though (probably average of 50mph overall if you account for the junctions, going between M25/M4 etc).

On picking mine up from getting the gearbox done, the battery had been disconnected, so the Trip2 was reset - and I saw 13mpg for awhile... I think after a few hundred miles it's now crept back up just over 15mpg... I had got it up to about 18mpg over 6000 odd miles, so again probably around the 13-14mpg average mark on LPG with combined driving.

I can’t comment at the minute, as still fighting to get mine working, traced it to a broken wire in the loom I think, when working I was filling the tank once every 2 weeks ( £50ish) on petrol I’ve been doing more than double that, I would say I was averaging 15-18 on a run, ( best on display was 26.1, 56 mph yawn ) I’ve got a 100ltr tank, so get 90ltrs in, although highest I got was 85ltrs, I’ve done 260 miles and got 77 Ltrs in, never sat and worked it out, lol

Sounds like we're about right then.

Cheers guys :)