rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hello folks,

A few months ago I rebuilt my brake modulator with the mod kit to fit the stainless diaphragms.

I had a notchy pedal before that I used to have to push through to get the brakes to work properly. I had assumed that this was due to split plastic diaphragms but on fitting the mod they were both fine. I did have some binding in the pressure spool valve though that after a bit if light cleaning with some very fine wet & dry fixed that issue.

The brakes were improved after rebuild but I soon had the ABS light come on. Shortly after some light binding of the spool valve returned. I had assumed that the spool valve needed a little more polishing and was getting set to do this.

But today the brake pedal has suddenly gone a lot softer. It still brakes but I suspect that I have lost the power side of the system as it no longer has the same braking force for the amount of pedal travel.

I intend to go out and check fuses first as I don't recall hearing the ABS pump fire up but I have a head full of poridge at the moment as I am suffering a bout of man-flu...

Over the weekend, god willing, I will take the plug out of the end of the modulator and withdraw the preassure spool valve and sleeve for a bit more polishing (being very carefull not to over do it and induce leak-past).

No blown fuses and the pump does run and build up pressure.

Tomorrow I intend on withdrawing the spoll valve and sleeve from the front of the brake modulator and make sure it is all moving. Then bleed it all to death!

No pressure will give you a long pedal with virtually no feel and you need both feet on the pedal to stop the car. I would suspect bleeding will sort it. Then you just need to find out how air is getting in.