rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well after a full service I thought I had it covered. But around 3,000 rpm on the M6 really bad vibration kicked in. Stopped at Stafford services couldn't see anything untoward. Decided to take it easy and turn around and drive home. 2 minutes after leaving and climbing the hill - slap slap slap slap sound I looked down and up goes the temp gauge followed by the red light. Probably the only part I didn't replace or service. Typical hahahaha

I quickly pulled onto the hard shoulder (soon to be gone as it's being turned into a smart (dumb) motorway) and killed the engine. Jumped out and could smell coolant, steam out of the bonnet and coolant all over the floor.

So apart from an OEM or airtex water pump is there anything else I should check for damage while I am dismantling please guys? Belts, pulley's etc..

PS. Where the signs say "Free recovery wait in the vehicle" Highways England, Kier and the RAC don't actually agree with each other as to which bit is actually free recovery. You can have free recover signs but according to Highways England you are not actually in a free recovery area. Beaurocracy for you. They won't tell you that though until you've waited over 2 hours and start ringing them back as to why you are still waiting for the truck that never comes....

Let’s hope it’s only the water pump, last thing you want to be doing is ahead job, once replaced triple check the radiator, there prone to cracking on dse.
Fingers crossed for you

OK thanks Chris. I'll start dismantling the front today

All fixed 3 1/2 hours.

• serpentine belt - changed as I was in there (now a spare)
  • aircon belt - f***ked, glad I checked, now changed
  • water pump - new airtex one installed. All the bits of bearing's fell off the engine block and all the plastic and metal I could find inside now out. All blades accounted for.

Test driven - now letting it cool over night, will flush cooling system again tomorrow and refill with OAT.

Looks like you dodged a bullet,, let’s hope you have a spell of trouble free motoring for a while