rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

NOT the car if you prefer not to be noticed ! I'm no criminal but here in Spain it is safer to be 'incognito'. Some of The Guadia Civil and Policia Local have still got Franco DNA - they treat anyone they stop as if they are criminals - rude - no 'sympatico'. They set up frequent road blocks and stop anyone who takes their fancy. This is the last car one needs if you wish to avoid their attention.......unsecured dog in back is a 600 euro fine and shopping bags on seat can also be fined ! (I know this can be a hazard - but ..... ) This is all abitrary and seems to depend on whether they are short of money that week.

Shit ! , I better stay away from Spain when driving, the dogs head is usually out the window, as is most of her aswell, bags on the seat, they don’t expect you to put stuff in the boot, by the time you get home you’d have an empty bag and a boot full of scrambled up food.

Martyuk wrote:

If you think that's bad... this is on par at least...

Try this one

Bloody hell, someone paid £2,200 for that?

Wow, there’s a 2002 vogue that was buy it now for 2k, picnic tables the lot, last time I looked it was at a grand

This one?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-RANGE-ROVER-P38-4-6-VOGUE-AUTO-OXFORD-BLUE-LONG-M-O-T-LOW-MILES-NICE-4WD/263957859158?hash=item3d751d4b56:g:vgQAAOSwRRVbqoby

The DSP stereo sounds like it's on the way out and the leather needs some TLC. Coil converted :(
But quite tidy looking.

No, this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-P38/401604984199?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

That's much nicer :)

Jeez - that last one went for £1550... and it had the Oxford leather seats!

1750, but it had also been standing for 18 months so wouldn't have had an MoT and it has those awful looking wheels on it. So a bit of a gamble really but still one worth taking if you know what you are doing.

At the other end of the scale:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-RANGE-ROVER-4-0-V8-AUTO-HSE-2001/262523275091?hash=item3d1f9b4753:g:wqUAAOSwju9ajZmm

Who is going to pay £8k for that?

For 2 grand on a respray I would have expected them to have done something with the faded grey grille, bumpers and strips under the lights. Cost me £4.99 for a can of bumper black to do mine......

Gilbertd wrote:

1750, but it had also been standing for 18 months so wouldn't have had an MoT and it has those awful looking wheels on it. So a bit of a gamble really but still one worth taking if you know what you are doing.

Hmm, just clicked the link again and that wasn't the one I was looking at... that one didn't have Oxford leather... weird how that happened, as I now can't find the one that I saw yesterday!

Another one with a daft description, and whats with the Bow and arrows?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-p38-dt/142958427222

A manual, base model diesel on springs, got absolutely nothing going for it in my book.

Dont think ive seen such a short ad, i think they think springs are going to make or break the sale, there in for a surprise.

Is it available in black? lol.
I do work on Mustangs that've been resprayed in a very similar colour, same guy who wanted his LPG tank (where back seats used to be) chromed.

Yes, it's strange there is only one photo - with Bow and Arrows; Perhaps it's because he 'did a Robin Hood' and gave the airbags away to the poor/more worthy ? Or perhaps it is just a reference to the 'Cowboys' who did this 'conversion' ?.......

(I was also going to expand on why it was in Scunthorpe but stopped myself - before I got into trouble...)

Sunny Scunny the top honeymoon destination? lol

Morat wrote:

Sunny Scunny the top honeymoon destination? lol

Scunny (Scunthorpe?) mentioned again... Thought Cunny was the top honeymoon destination lol.

Gilbertd wrote:

A manual, base model diesel on springs, got absolutely nothing going for it in my book.

Would anyone buy if they'd just had engine and gearbox rebuilt on their own P38 only for it to be written off due to accident damage...transplant V8, interior and other necessary bits.