rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Desperate moments!! Before I take out a second mortgage and purchase a set for a one time use, does anyone have set that will fit 20" wheels laying around? I really don't want to buy a set that I will only 'use' once. I'm going back to Italy for Xmas and need to carry them down in the Alps.

I drove to Switzerland a few years ago and found that they were far cheaper in the French hypermarkets on the way down than they are here. No idea if that is still the case though.

It's the size that is being a problem, Gilbert. My wheels are 275/40/20

Hmm, yes. Just done an online search on the French Carrefore and L'eclerc hypermarket sites and nothing found. Also checked NorAuto, the French equivalent to Halfords and they don't list anything for wheels larger than 18". In fact, these are the only ones I can find anywhere https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOW-CHAINS-MAGGI-MOD-RAPID-MATIC-SIZE-275-40-R20-GR-121-HOMOLOGATED/132369552914. Also bloody expensive for something that may just sit in the boot and not be used.

Of course, there is the small matter of who will be fitting these things if required? I certainly won't be!! I'm officially disabled.

I did think that but as long as your tyres have the 3 mountains mark then you shouldn't need them anyway unless the conditions get really bad. I suppose £105 and having them is still better than getting stopped and hit with a 150 Euro fine for not having any.