rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'll give them a shout when I'm back tomorrow and see what they say...

The parts catalogue online shows them as being 14mm and 16mm which I presume is ID so as long as they do something like that, it should be fine.

Worst case, I'll just reuse and hope for the best!

I do have a portable oscilloscope with a DC amp clamp, HT pickups, thermocouple, various other toys too if any one wants to try and track down some weirder issues with that. Forget about these weird and wonderful things I have lurking in the shed!

A portable oscilloscope? Hmmm. Sounds like just the thing to examine the interesting output voltages from my lambda sensors. Not sure that I'll have time to dig into that, unfortunately. <br>
By the way Sloth, did you get the email I sent yesterday?

I whish you all a happy wrenching weekend! Pity I can't attend, let us know how things get along.

When I saw you'd posted in this thread, I thought you were coming over too.......

Oh yes I would love to, not even for doing repairs myself but lending a hand and getting drowned in P38 talk.

And for letting you pro's having a testride in mine to get advice in issues I cannot adress myself, like a rumble from underneath for what I think it's U-joints and someone else insist its the wheelbearings up front.

Or advice in what to put where in the transformation process to LPG.

Or hooking up a Nanocom to change my messagecentre from German into Dutch (motorhaube auf! with exclamation mark) only thing not in it's vocabulary is 'sieg heil'.

It even crossed my mind to ask if there was something ladylike in the Marlborough area so I could bring the missus, she's rather not even technically inclined for pushing brakepedals.

Oh well, maby there will come a next time so we can invade the Alexandra House and organise a weekends fun.

Tony.

Afraid I'm gonna have to give tomorrow a miss, lpg has decided to play silly buggers , switches on (tries to stall) runs for about 30 seconds then alarm goes off and back to petrol... Bit peeved as worked hard last weekend on the car to know was safe,, :(
Hopefully there be another meet up soon so I can meet you guys

It's losing gas pressure so is acting as though you've run out of gas. Most likely culprit will be a bad connection to a solenoid coil, one of the solenoid coils breaking down or the solenoid plunger sticking. I don't have any spares or you could have come along and we'd have sorted it. Tinley Tech will supply you with a new coil if that's the problem.

You could always arrive running on petrol though.......

I do have spares :)

Erm suppose there's no chance that your gauge is farked and you're actually out of gas Chris?

What LPG system does it have? Single or Multipoint?

If it's multipoint and has a small white connector for the LPG ECU diagnostics, then chances are it's one of the AEB ECU varients that I have a cable for and either have/can get the software for - so I could hook it up for you and see if there are any errors showing. I'm fairly sure between us all we would be able to figure it out!

Are you on LPG on your new one Sloth?

Also - for those coming tomorrow... Orangebean and I were up at the workshop today and dropped off our tools and various bits. Wheel arch liner and wheel is back on the Green P38, and I started her up to make sure she was happy (and thus moveable tomorrow) and all good on that front.
The disco should be being moved in the morning - we may have to help a bit with shifting it outside, but as long as my mate is there and getting it out, then I'll be happy!

Time tomorrow - I am going to aim to get there for between 10am and 10:30am. I have a couple of bits to do in the morning, and also my refurb steering box didn't show up today like it was supposed to, so I'm going to try and see if there is tracking info and look into it tonight, but if I'm about first thing in the morning, then I'll be hopeful that it arrives before I have to leave home!

So, we shall see you all in the morning - as and when you arrive! we will need to try and get a group picture and maybe go for a world record for the number of P38's in one place... haha..

Marty

And typically as I posted that, the doorbell just rang and the steering box has arrived :)

I'll still be there for between 10 and 10:30 in the morning as I need to get LPG, and a splash of petrol for the green one to make sure it has enough to move it about!

I've got my laptop, cable and software for vintage single-point AEB and Leonardo here as well. <br>
To those coming tomorrow- bring tea mugs :-) <br>
Sloth- if you pick this up and can squeeze the carpets in as well tommorow, that'd be brilliant. I may have shifted my work order around and do the column and axle seal

I am indeed on LPG on the new one :) OMVL Dream xxi with Matrix HD injectors. Runs very nicely. Had a couple of leaks on the vapour side but no other issues thus far. Could probably do with the hoses all being replaced and a general service at some point.

Car is filling up with stuff, still need to get the engine loom off the old car. Could be a long night yet!

Did you get my PM Marty?

Sorry OB - I don't think I'm going to be able to get the carpet out tonight, I've got to pop back to work in a minute and that robs me of a few hours annoyingly. I've got the steering column though! Not sure if it comes out in any smaller bits, but I have the whole thing from airbag down to where it joins up in the bay.

Hi Sloth,

Yes - I did get your PM - and have replied. :)

Wow... so maybe a record for P38's running on LPG too.... current count is 4 - 5 if no10chris makes it and we can get his sorted... 2 on single point and 2 on multipoint...

If you redo the pipework, then go one size smaller on the hose than the ends.... I have 6mm fittings, and replaced hose with 6mm, and then had some leaks - same with pressure side from vap - 12mm fittings and 12mm pipe and had issues... 6mm fittings, with 5mm pipe, and 12mm fittings with 11mm pipe, and happy days :)

Not a problem!<br>
Marty and I were looking at a column today and it doesn't look as if it breaks down into smaller sub assemblies.

Defo got gas, shoved 60 litres in the other day ,, going out to check hoses now, if you hear a bang ! It's me, lol.. Might give the petrol a fill up, if can get the gas sorted will cost me nothing to get home,, will post how I get on

OK, Question for someone who's coming tomorrow....

Anyone have a REALLY BIG spanner? I'm about to go an have a look at my steering box, but the replacement one doesn't have the arm on it, so will need to swap that over from my one... which means a BIG spanner/pipe wrench to undo the old nut.

I'm going to go and measure it up, but I think the biggest I have spanner-wise is 32mm, which I have a feeling is going to be a bit too small...

I have a 36mm ended fan spanner?