rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Gonna drive up on petrol, if we can sort it's a result, if not nothing lost, will bring lead and disc I have in case it's needed, tools are in the boot, so can help others where needed. Lpg is not the best apparently, landi renzo multipoint system,, we be there between 9 & 10 I would of thought,, see you all tomorrow,,

Martyuk wrote:

OK, Question for someone who's coming tomorrow....

Anyone have a REALLY BIG spanner? I'm about to go an have a look at my steering box, but the replacement one doesn't have the arm on it, so will need to swap that over from my one... which means a BIG spanner/pipe wrench to undo the old nut.

I've got a huge adjustable spanner, will make sure it's in the car

Thanks for that.... I've been out and had a look, and it's bigger than my 36mm fan nut spanner, so I'm guessing it's 40 or 42mm easy.

LPG - I'll have my laptop with me, and we can hook it up and have a look and see what errors the ECU shows (if any) but I am sure that given that we have so many there on LPG - we should be able to at least figure out where the problem is!

I'll be there at 10am with the keys to open up - if you are there a bit earlier, then you'll see my 2 blue 'project' P38's parked outside. The workshop is in the unit just next to where the P38's are (they're outside a grain store) so if you see them, you are in the right place!

See you tomorrow...

Marty

I'll bung in a pair of Stillsons......

Please do! I'm going to bring a pair on lump hammers as Orangebean mentioned about doing a hub seal, and that means getting a front hub apart.... I've already got the old brake disc standing by...

Oh, and there's another guy dropping past (from Luton!) with his DSE on Sunday morning for me to swap out an engine ECU and resync it... he's a bit of a donut I think as I've told him what the problem is likely to be about 4 different times now, but he keeps asking the same question, or taking it places and getting told different things... he waited until I was back from China for me to have a look at it, and then books it in somewhere locally who charges him for doing sod all... still will be happy to have a look at it for him... for a fee..

Crawling under a p38 on its bump stops to liberate the engine loom in the dark - I knew I should have done this earlier! :) Ive stuck some random LPG bits in too just in case they're of use.

I think I've got as much as I can find / reasonably fit. If the interior didn't rattle enough before... It sure will now. Will be up at the crack of dawn(ish...) for more LPG and a food run beforehand.

I'm about to go on the LPG and food run in a few minutes having spent the evening putting back in, then taking out again (because I'd forgotten to re-connect a fibre optic loom) and then putting it back together again, the dash on a Porsche Macan Turbo. In between finding things in the garage and bunging them in the boot. I've got my Windows 2000 laptop with a serial port that lives in the car, an EAS cable, an AEB LPG cable, a Launch C Reader VI OBD scanner and the Nanocom. I'll also have my everyday laptop with me which has RAVE and the software for just about every LPG system ever made.

I'm in Quorn which is about half way, with a couple of dozen sausages from the Farm Shop at work, a portable BBQ, a load of buns and a token few tools. I'll pick up some charcoal en route and try to reach you guys by noon(ish).

You don't make friends with Salad ;)

Sounds like we are going to have a fun weekend!

I've made a list of things I need to get/sort/throw in the boot in the morning and no doubt will run around putting more stuff in as I see it...

I hope my ABS modulator reservoir is dry by the morning (it's in the boiler cupboard) as I've had it in parts washer solution and then fresh water to try and clean as much crud out of the filters as possible.

Going to try and remember to chuck the grease gun in aswell and a cartridge of grease, and then we can all leave with freshly greased UJ's...

Let's hope the weather does it's part - and we get a load done!

I've just got back from Tesco with a load of burgers, buns for burgers, sausages, and other assorted bits of dead animal. I was running short on charcoal and noticed they had the one use barbies, so I've got a couple of those. Saves having to clean the one outside so it can go in the car.

I'm going to stop reading this thread ............. it is starting to piss me off :o(

Have fun, guys.

Pity you can't make it,, there's always next time,, hope they sort you out soon

Marty- dont forget to get my cold stuff out of your fridge or you'll be eating burgers all week! <br>
See you around 1000 to 1030.

OldShep56 wrote:

I'm going to stop reading this thread ............. it is starting to piss me off :o(

Have fun, guys.

OldShep let's unite and hereby declare this thread as no-go area for this weekend for those left behind... :)

I can't see your post, Ferry as I'm boycotting this thread lol

No smoke over the Marlborough area yet?

We should have informed the local firestations...

A big thanks to Richard, I'm back running on lpg, gotta give the car a serious wash today, but was fun playing in the mud,,frightened the crap outta some kids on quads when I came screaming round the corner, lmao

:)

Thanks for coming past and for the big spanner...
Think you left a set of ratchet spanners here, so think Richard is going to take them (and I'll give him big spanner too) as he's over your way and I think I heard him say he was passing Harlow at some point too.

Cheers Martin,, just spent 20 mins with jet washer removing half of Swindon from under my car, lol, just having a cuppa then back out to give another go,, got home 10.30. M25 closed, north circ at a standstill, grrrrr,, hope things go well today,,

Glad he sorted your LPG out, Chris ............. the bloke is bloody good, isn't he? He sorted my EAS out and I was well pleased.

I hope we're going to get reports and pictures from the weekend!!