rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Digging deeper into the CVC reveals a genuine replacement stripped engine STC1965E Serial number AAA S15742 L9

The crankshaft pulley is marked as ERR5085 but has no oil thrower. Parts book seems a bit vague as ERR5085 is replaced by ERR7379 with ERR7374, the thrower.

Does the thrower actually do anything as once the seal has failed I would imagine throwing oil around is not helpful?

Does anyone know the history of the replacement engine serial numbers?

Thanks as always.

To answer my own stupid question. Obviously the thrower is the other side of the front plate so just looking at a parts book isn't going to tell you much.

I put it down to inhaling too much plus gas.

Is it a replacement engine or is that an odd number as the CVC cars were pre-production models? I know Chris No10 has a replacement engine but the number is a completely different format to yours.

Pretty sure it'sa replacement. No number under the exhaust manifold just a plate on the front of the block and some crispy silver paint.
Hopefully a pic below.

https://i.imgur.com/S7vbQWv.jpg

Strange. Engine number would normally be stamped in the top of the block, next to where the dipstick tube goes in. Yours, being a 4.6, would normally be in the format 46DxxxxxxA and would probably also have 9.35:1, the compression ratio, stamped above it.

It's a 4.0 rather than a 4.6. Maybe the plate is what they put on CVCs rather than stamping it on the block by the manifold. Did replacements have a number stamped on the block?

In that case it would start 42D. No doubt Chris will tell us what is on his replacement engine.