rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I stumbled across an amusing thread today on rr.net, where RRTH is lecturing someone on Customer Service (although to be fair, it is BBS, so they deserve all the kicking they get)

Link?

JMCLuimni wrote:

The LINLEY is finally painted and had a teflon coating applied recently. It’s parked in our garage in Connecticut and I plan on taking her to some LandRover events in the Northeast, USA over the next few years.

JMC, where are the photos?? Last time I saw it, it had no interior. We've never seen the finished article.

romanrob wrote:

I stumbled across an amusing thread today on rr.net, where RRTH is lecturing someone on Customer Service (although to be fair, it is BBS, so they deserve all the kicking they get)

Apart from their completely painful payment methods I've not found a reason to find fault with them, though i guess nothing has really gone wrong as yet for me with their kit, so maybe thats why.

here's the discussion I was referring to - RRTH makes an appearance half way down https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/faultmate-msv-2-extreme-review-help-wanted.31678/#post-284328

Holy thread revival batman.... that one was last replied to in 2011!

@OpdShep 56 once I figure out how to post photos here I will put them on..
I can change a core O ring in less than 4 hours put can’t figure out the posting of photos thing here

James, post your photos to Imgur or similar and then paste the IMGur direct link into the pop up box that appears when you click the insert picture icon.

Just edited it so a picture shows. There were two problems, you tried to link to a gallery rather than a single image and you didn't replace the HTTP:// that is automatically put in the box. Select the image you want to upload, on the RH side of the page you have a number of different link formats, you need to use the second one down, marked Direct Link (with a link ending in .jpg). Click on copy and it highlights it but, for some reason, doesn't copy it you need to right click and select copy. Then go back to your post, put the cursor where you want the picture, click the image box and paste the link into there, making sure you overwrite rather than append to the HTTP that is already in the box.

Thanks GILBERTD... That photo really doesn’t do the vehicle any justice whatsoever....
That thing has my blood, sweat and many, many tears in it.... A proper pain in my arse it was but glad to be at the finish line. Two small items to clear up on it. The upper and lower windshield trims need installing. One would need to be an octopus to do that and my wife’s tolerance for the vehicle is wafer thin considering all the dinners she has left in the oven as I stated “I’ll be in in a minute. Put it in the oven and put kettle on”..... Left front turn signal is wrong color and should be clear.....
Other than that, I would argue she is as good as new... I will post more photos in time...

JMCLuimni wrote:

@OpdShep 56 once I figure out how to post photos here I will put them on..
I can change a core O ring in less than 4 hours put can’t figure out the posting of photos thing here

Ur not the only one who fights to post a picture here, lol

https://i.imgur.com/iu2ie4T.jpg

Still can’t figure photo posting out.
Here’s a link to Imgur image of the three P38s being transported to their new home in Connecticut.

Message I get when trying to access the other site...

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error..

Huh? I only ever posted once to say 'Hello new member here' lol

enter image description here

and all I did was copy the link into the insert image box? But that's what I call a trailer, I want one!

Gilbertd wrote:

enter image description here

and all I did was copy the link into the insert image box? But that's what I call a trailer, I want one!

Feck me 8-)

Lol, you'd need the full US size pickup to haul it - or a Scania :)

Yeah it’s special made and being pulled by a Ford F550 Diesel Super FX4....

Heavy duty bit of kit!

On the other subject - why might I have been banned from the other forum when I haven't posted except to say hello?

That thing is just so totally BLACK it hurts the eyes! Gorgeous! could be CIA it's so black!
Great job!
It seems that after tossing a stun grenade, and mashing the "Cricket" under the 'ole boot heel, the moronic mods at .net have finally begun to realize just which parts of the forum have been pitched into the bin!
Let's see if they put them back now?
Swore to myself I was done with .net, but could not stand it any more.........I am stunned that they did not take down my post and ban me.
Just proves these are true software engineers....I have found over the years that they are virtually impossible to insult.......Totally clueless.....(smile, wink)

I've just lobbed another grenade in to see if anyone picks up on it. I've even amended my signature so they know who I am. I'm trying really hard to get another ban but not even a warning so far. However, LLT has resigned as a Mod and RRTH has been demoted from Admin to Super Mod which, in a PM he described as a sort of Admin Lite.