rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

I need to troubleshoot my cruise control. I've never had to go beyond vacuum problems before so I'm following the procedure in RAVE.

I know I'm just being lazy here but I really don't want to go tearing up the inside panels if someone can just say "no dumb a$$ it's over there".
I'm looking for the cruise control ECU. RAVE electrical component location says it's to the right of the steering column on right hand drive vehicles.
Does anybody know if they moved it to the left of the vehicle for NAS models along with the steering column or did they leave it on the right hand side above what would now be the glove box?

There’s a question, having never pulled a left hooker apart I wouldn’t know, but I bet Richard does,,
Ps welcome to our happy forum

On mine here in the states it is to the left of the steering wheel. Drop the knee panel, try not to rip the little duct vent off.... it is held with a bracket kind of below/behind where the small wood trim is. One or two 8mm bolts and it and the red inverter relay should drop out the bottom.

Thanks for that info BlackSpeed. I'll go after it there tomorrow.
Kinda funny thing that crotch vent, my other 99my has it but this one doesn't. Glove boxes are a little different also.
LR is kind of famous for that I think when nearing a change in the production line. Things tend to slip in early.

No Chris, I'm afraid I didn't know. The only left hooker I work on is Mymysteri's diesel in France and it started life as a base model, has had the interior from a more upmarket one fitted but still doesn't have cruise control. Makes sense where it is though, complete mirror image to the RHD.

Gilbertd wrote:

No Chris, I'm afraid I didn't know. The only left hooker I work on is Mymysteri's diesel in France and it started life as a base model, has had the interior from a more upmarket one fitted but still doesn't have cruise control. Makes sense where it is though, complete mirror image to the RHD.

Knew you’d worked on left hooker, I didn’t want to take for granted that they mirrored it, it is a p38 after all, lol

Well that was kind of my point. Sometimes, in my experience anyway, RAVE fails to mention things because they assume you know and sometimes it's because that isn't the case. So you just have to spend an afternoon looking or ask someone.

Thanks, with your help. It's been located.

Thats not just a Land Rover habbit, I spent several hours looking for a fusebox "behind the glovebox" on a Renault that was actually on the other side of the car behind the handbrake control, Again this is an example of the steering wheel being on the opposite side of the car to where the manual refers to it being.