rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

You learnt one other thing though. If a Jeep managed to make it through the trails, a P38 will have no problem.......

As long as it gets out of the car park ;)

But at least he's now learnt his lesson. Maybe Arnott should be put into the same category as Britpart? No offence to our transatlantic members but one thing I have learnt with importing cars from the US is that there seems to be a belief that anything that says Made in USA on it is going to be superior to original. That may be the case at times but we can all look at something and think,.'I wonder why they designed it like that, I could do better' without realising that many hours of R&D has gone into something and it's done the way it is for a reason.

I definitely agree on Arnott! Not that I have direct experience but there have been too many reports of failures.
As for Made in USA - good on em I reckon. We should have held onto our own manufacturing industry instead of flogging it.

I thought I researched it quite thoroughly before buying Gen 3's. I had one fail about a month after installing them. What I do really like about them is that they do perform as advertised, stiffer on lower height settings (normal and highway) and softer when you select lift. I felt that the body sway cornering on the highway was a bit much originally. It's definitely better with the Gen 3's. And on rough roads, or off road I'm pretty sure it's smoother than before, but I didn't do much off road with my original leaky springs.

Yeah that’s where I’m at Harv. The basic design with the GenIIIs seems like it should/would offer great benefits.... but the application or construction process seems to have grave issues with longevity and consistency. It’s seems they’re either horrible or fantastic.... not in between. I did get my notice of warranty credit on the first spring today. I had a call in to the rep I was working with and left a message. I missed his call this afternoon so I will try tomorrow. I’d really like to know what is going on over there...

And, actually the Jeep guy was a real pleasure to ride with. He was friends with the guy running the Rover crew, so he had no choice but to be on his best behavior!

I’m gonna see what Arnott is going to do for me here and kinda go from there. Still amazing that the Gen2 springs I bought it with are holding up just fine. I thought those were the ones with huge issues. The date code on one is at least 10 years old.

And, some photos to illustrate some of the design and/or quality issues I’m running into here....

This is the front spring after installation, prior to inflation. It almost seems to me like the top and bottom sections are not quite “clocked” correctly, causing them to mis-align and twist the bladder. I think this is putting stress on the inflated bladder, causing it to blow the lower crimp apart. The second pic shows the lower portion somewhat wrinkled still, after inflation.

enter image description here

The other issue is that they seem to be no longer using the factory style “collet” fittings for the air hoses. They’ve switched to this screw-in style fitting from a company called Voss. And, now that I’m remembering, the rear GenIII springs I purchased were actually missing these parts. The fitting isn’t so bad to work with on the fronts with the fender shield out of the way. The rears.... well... I’d like to know who’s smart idea this was. Installation is easy as you insert the air line just like the factory fitting. It’s very secure. Problem is, i cant see any good way of removing them as there is not much space between body and frame, and getting a wrench or socket in there with the air line in the way is nigh impossible. Instructions appear to state that you can pull the spring out the bottom to access the line and nit that way but there is hardly any room to work it, particularly the left rear as that line is just long enough (on mine anyway). I am not a fan. Especially after this weekend as it greatly limits serviceability in the field or on the trail....

The top sections did eventually settle in place, allowing the air hoses to straighten out....but still not much room for accessing that stupid nut,

Mine are still the collected type and aren't as hard on the frame as your photos, but the airline still sits right on the same rail, which also bothers me.