rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hello folks,

Has anyone any experience of these:

AutoAirConParts

Regards,

Smiler.

Nope, mine came off ebay from a seller called coolpartsuk (2 year warranty). I seem to recall that the actual manufacturer was these guys https://www.adrad.co.uk/

Cheers, the ones listed come witha 2 year warranty which is why I'm considering trying one. I have heard of issues with holes not lining up, if the holes are too far out to be recoverable I'll send it back. If it fits then it should be good for at least two years. For just shy of £60 I'm thinking it's worth a punt. Particularly as I have no way of knowing if the rest of the system is any good yet (I have a new receiver/drier waiting to go on).

Price is low end of aftermarket range but not silly so should be OK.

Holes not lining up seems to be standard these days. I paid a lot more for allegedly OEM a couple or three years back and the holes didn't line up.

Clive

I bought a Britpart one as it was cheap, in stock and came with a 2 year warranty so I figured changing it every 18 months or so wasn't such a big deal. Although the holes lined up, the bottom ones were too small so had to be drilled out.

The last one I bought was from here and this new design:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-CONDENSER-AIR-CON-RADIATOR-TO-FIT-RANGE-ROVER-2-LP-P38-1994-TO-2002/292266029046?fits=Model%3ARange+Rover%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item440c69aff6:g:qP4AAOSwTsFc7OBw

Bolt holes lined up perfectly!

Thanks for that Sloth. How effective is it? It appears to flow more like a coolant radiator as in lots of individual tubes from one side to the other rather than one long snaking pipe. Has the air-con been blasting you with icy cold air over this recent hot spell?

How would we know if it was effective or not? I bought one from Rock Auto and have been using it for 2 seasons now. The ac seems to work pretty well, but I didn't have the car 3 seasons ago, so wouldn't know how it worked new.

It is supposedly a more modern design that should be more effective - but either way, it is working as well as it did before its predecessor suffered stone damage.

Cheers, I shall press the magic button and hopefuly next summer we won't cook in the thing.