rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

When I first bought my truck last year the SRS light came on- without a fault statement on the dash. Spray cleaned the yellow connector under the left seat and no more red SRS light.

This Sunday the SRS light came on and the "airbag failure" note came up. Stoped the truck and restarted- no SRS light or fault statement. Down the road, both came back on.

Got home and hooked up the Nano and could not clear the fault "left airbag failure (permanent)". Sprayed again with DeoxIt and could clear faults which stayed clear so far.

What is strange is the Nano keeps the "left airbag failure (permanent)" text even when saying that all faults are cleared.

What is the Nano trying to tell me when the text remains in the fault window and says that this fault is "permanent"?

Does the Nano retain "airbag failure" faults in memory so even when cleared this failure is considered Permanent?

When you read and clear faults with the Nano, the text of the fault code stays there unless you come out of that screen, go back in and read the faults again.

Thanks Gilbert-- will check it today-- did not know that about the Nano.

When the Nano text says "permanent" in addition to the fault statement, is the Nano just indicating that the fault tripped enough times to be considered permanent?

I don't know. Some faults are shown as Current, for example blend motors when checking the HEVAC, so even though you can clear them they will come straight back. Not sure I've seen a Permanent fault though.

All clear as you said. Yeah- when I saw the word Permanent and I could not clear the codes after cycling the yellow connector, I thought I must have a "permanent" break somewhere in the circuit beside the connector. Will see in the coming days what the SRS does.