rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

I am trying to find out how to tell which rear external door handles is which from the part number. Also, which way up does the plastic hook, on the back of the handles, go ?

When the handle is fitted does the plastic hook pull upwards ?

I am trying to figure out which handle I need to send back to Rimmer Bros as they have sent me two rear handles but one has a plastic hook fitted and the other has nothing fitted.

Rear door handle

Pierre3.

Looks like the hook goes upwards

enter image description here

Hi Richard, thanks for the diagram, I couldn't find that one until this afternoon. I copied yours and replied to Rimmer's as it gave the most obvious view of the parts. I am a bit surprised that Emily [Rimmers] didn't find this diagram herself seeing as she works for Rimmer's and deals with Landrover.

The one pity that I have is that the LRCat doesn't have pictures of the parts. I did notice that the listing for the handles does show American [LHD] models and, separately, American/Canadian/EU descriptions, from which I am pretty sure I have used the correct side for replacement.

The big plus was that the diagram that you posted showed which way the hook is positioned, thereby determining which side is which. It is unfortunate that LRCat didn't apply a different number on the diagram for the two sides, although looking again at the diagram there are three listings under the diagram.

Anyway, many thanks for your help.

Pierre3.

Not sure what you mean about LRCat not showing pictures, that is a screen dump from LRCat? It shows rear handles and it gives the part numbers for LH and RH sides. Rear handles will be the same whether RHD or LHD, only the front's will be different.

There is a break point. Early vehicles had different handles on each side (ALR8126 RH and ALR8127 LH). Later vehicles use the same handles on both sides (ASR2316). The break point is VIN VA350716 which dates it to vehicles built from mid September 1996.