rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A little pixie has emerged.

She is throwing up a TPS fault and the gearbox is refusing to change gear below 2600rpm, the sport and manual modes don't work either..
I haven't looked on RAVE or the world wide net yet, however could they be linked?

Cheers H

Maybe... on my GEMS the plug from engine harness to gearbox (behind left rocker cover) was unplugged. On the nano it gave me a message to say something like "invalid throttle angle data", when I drove it the gear changes were very clunky, although it did change below 2600. Take a look at the tps/ its connection, most likely. Just a thought, no doubt there are other, scarier, possibilities :o)

Others will reply with a lot more info. But yes for sure, if the TPS is broke or disconnected it can cause gear change issues, I've seen it on P38s myself and read other people have experienced this with P38s. Hope by posting early I've helped put your mind at rest a bit, not likely to be a gearbox problem just a TPS problem.

Gearbox ECU uses the TPS signal to decided when to change gear so an iffy TPS signal will affect gear changes.

Many thanks gents..

Greatly appreciated!