rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Those of you that were at the Summer Camp will have met my other half, but we found a way of inadvertently worrying lots of people this weekend.. We were off to the South of France last Thursday, straight after work. I had a car that needed delivering and another that needed bringing back. Rather than the usual Classics that get stuck on a trailer behind the P38, these were both modern cars that were to be driven and Dina wanted to do some of the driving. So, as women do, she posted on Facebook that she was going to Nice for the weekend. Now we weren't actually going to Nice but if she'd posted that we were going to Tourette Levens, which is about 6 miles inland from Nice, nobody would have known where it was.

We left home straight from work, headed down to Eurotunnel and were happily cruising a Porsche Macan Turbo at a steady rate southwards. Dina's phone had decided it wasn't going to connect to any of the French networks at all and was showing no service all the time (turned out that when she'd changed her contract recently, 3 had decided to bar roaming on it). We'd got about as far as Riddlemethis's place around Dijon when I got a text from my daughter telling me to check the news as something had happened in Nice. At that time what information was coming out was still a bit sparse and we carried on, Nice was still another 500 miles away. Checking a couple of hours later we found the extent of the atrocities so I sent Dina's daughter a message telling her that we hadn't got there yet but her Mum had no service on her phone so not to worry.

However, most people had assumed she had done the sensible thing and had flown down to Nice and was there enjoying the firework display to celebrate Bastille Day so were sending her messages on Facebook checking that she was OK and getting no reply........

Until we got back Sunday night, she couldn't reply but her daughter spent most of the weekend getting messages from very worried people asking if she'd heard from her Mum as they'd tried and got no reply. She was, she was happily taking her turn driving back in what she described as an animal. The car we had to bring back is a 2014 Audi RS7. As standard the twin turbo'd V8 puts out 565 bhp but this one has been chipped to 720 bhp. It's the first time I've had a drag race away from an Autoroute toll against a Ferrari and won......

Atrocities aside, the A7 is such an understated looking car... I didn't like the look of them at all at first, but when that little rear spoiler magically appears, the rear end changes completely.

Twin turbo V8 certainly helps, too...

Only problem is that the little rear spoiler only pops up when you are already at illegal speeds (in the UK anyway), so it could be used against you. There is a button on the dash to make it pop up whenever you want though. It's one hell of a high speed cruiser though, 100 mph feels like 60 in anything else.

Glad you are all ok - and away from the madness that was there. I saw bits of it on the news and did wonder that you were off down that way at some point!!

That Audi does sound like a monster... :)