rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

So, I was thinking that now I have all this spare time on my hands, and no work to go and do for the foreseeable future...

Once we all come out of this crazy lockdown, and can move about again... who would be interested in a workshop weekend, to catch up and try to get a few of those post pandemic tasks done?

I'm happy to host one again at my workshop if people are interested - I'm not sure when will suit everyone, and obviously we have to wait until places are open again!

I'm thinking tentatively June at some point. Is there anything that collectively people want to work on or get looked at/fixed?

Thoughts?

That's a great idea Marty but June may be a tad premature (as early removal of Lockdown could trigger a second wave)...

Whilst have to admit I have stuff to do on mine I am going to use the 'stay' on MOTs to do it later too !

September... maybe ?

Hell yeah!

I was hoping you'd be in Morat... We need the chef extraordinaire... We can get your door latch sorted this time aswell...

I'm not going to propose any actual dates at the moment, until things have settled down a bit more. June might be a bit hopeful, but then also even towards the end of June is still another 7 weeks away and we should know by then whether there's a second wave coming, or if things are in a position where we can travel a bit further afield.

I'd be up for a trip down in one of the Vogue SE's!

David.

I reckon we'd be looking at July or even August.

I'm in - let's try and do it while it's still warm, but not so soon that a bunch of P38 owners trigger a second wave. Peterborough or Swindon are probably similar distances for me. Touch wood I have nothing to fix... well, maybe the headliner if i really run out of things to do/ haven't found myself a job by then

If I'm allowed (because I don't have a Rangerover) I might even come, work etc permitting.

If anyone needs their AC recharging, a mate has just started his own mobile business. He's using a Clio for doing that but as he completed a full restoration on one of the last soft dash, long wheelbase, Classics last year, he could always bung his kit in the back of that.

That way, if Simon came as well we could have an AC and LPG diagnostics session too.

I'll be up for it, in case there are any common jobs with other my list is as follows:

Air-con needs sorting. I have a new condenser and water extractor fitted, though I have found some serious chafing on one of the compressor pipes.
Climate control likes to go full hot at anything other than 'Lo' setting.
Heated seats
Possible steering play
Only running on six cylinders...

I need to investigate the Cruise Control (Again!) I think the little pipe needs replacing/extending depending on where the leak is.
Satnav Antenna connectors - and perhaps just try it with a known-good CD.
Just embarrassing stuff I haven't got round to yet!

Great that you guys are organizing such an event.

@JMCLuimni - You're welcome to attend if you want... just ship the Linley over and it'll give us all something to ogle :)

Seriously though - where in the US are you based? The next time I'm over there, if I'm anywhere near where you are, then I'll have to stop by and see the Linley and H&H in person...

Can’t see me shipping LINLEY to UK passing the wife’s budget meeting....
I’m in Conneticut. About an hour or so north of JFK.
Welcome anytime, just bring beer.....

Martyuk wrote:

The next time I'm over there,

If you ever get over there before hitting retirement age..... A mate who's a full time professional musician has been told as the theatres are going to remain closed, he's unlikely to get any work until next year.

Smiler wrote:

I'll be up for it, in case there are any common jobs with other my list is as follows:

Air-con needs sorting. I have a new condenser and water extractor fitted, though I have found some serious chafing on one of the compressor pipes.
Climate control likes to go full hot at anything other than 'Lo' setting.
Heated seats
Possible steering play
Only running on six cylinders...

Is it a diesel ;)

He's actually asking for a V8 swap... which wouldn't be impossible!

Hi guys. Bit late to the party but where exactly do you meet up?
Do you all book into a local hostelry? What do I do with her indoors?
Anyone stay in a caravan? I could bring mine.

Marty's workshop on a farm near Reading. Some book into a Premier Inn (with a pub attached), at least one in the past has bought a caravan though. In my case her indoors came with me, she was on cleaning the old foam and glue off headlining shells duties when we did the mass headlining session, otherwise buy her something nice so she lets you out to play cars for a weekend.

My air con needs regassing as I've changed the condenser, drier and all of the aluminium under bonnet pipes now to cure leaks.

It was regassed and lasted 24hrs as it was leaking from the pipe that sits against the bulkhead. Would you renew the drier if it was new 12 months ago and hasn't been used since but has been fitted whilst there was a pinhole in the pipe?

I'd like to have it done before a long trip down south though!

David.