rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

My mate mark got a DSE that would stall on selecting gears from park !? It didn't want to shift gears properly either so took it to a guy who put it on a computer and said fuel out of phase ? --- he said pump/injectors ? I asked him to get into gearbox ECU he said he couldn't 🤔 we fitted my vogue gearbox ECU and straight away computer got access ---- so after getting another DSE ECU the whole DSE transformed itself into a smooth gearchanging nice running range rover ----- still can't understand why/how ECU had failed

I have been on p38 forums quite a while and I have never heard anyone say their gearbox ECU has failed. They are usually very reliable.
I know the transfer box ECU can fail. It is quite common for the high/low solenoid to seize up through lack of use and take out the ECU.
Can't see what the logic is saying "fuel out of phase or pump/injectors". Maybe he was just guessing.
The MAF also has an important role in gear changes.

A breaker did tell me that early ones were occaisionally problematic, but later ones generally OK. He was right in my case in so much as the problem turned out to be the selector quadrant (mine being 2001), sounds like a good result though.

dave3d wrote:

I have been on p38 forums quite a while and I have never heard anyone say their gearbox ECU has failed. They are usually very reliable.
I know the transfer box ECU can fail. It is quite common for the high/low solenoid to seize up through lack of use and take out the ECU.
Can't see what the logic is saying "fuel out of phase or pump/injectors". Maybe he was just guessing.
The MAF also has an important role in gear changes.

If it has one ;)

Yes. Early ones didn't have it.

dave3d wrote:

Yes. Early ones didn't have it.

😎

My mates DSE don't have a MAF and yep definitely was gearbox ECU as said . Since then been on computer and everything fine so yes gearbox ECU can effect fuel being out of phase ---- as said before I can't understand why ECU failed ???