rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I have got the first signs of micro switch failure, in that occasionally the doors will lock and unlock on their own, however before splashing out some serious wedge on new latches, I’ve heard from another forum that the BeCM might be at fault. Is that right or just internet mechanics talking?

Cheers

Bollox, it's dodgy microswitches. People that know nothing will blame the BeCM for everything from the neighbour's cat dying onwards. Marty does refurbed latches http://p38webshop.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=60 which are a lot cheaper than brand new.

Ha thought so!!!

Will monitor the situation and if it gets worse, pull them and get replacements.

It is definitely not the BECM... monitor it fairly closely... it won't get better or magically fix itself unfortunately :(

I've just had a latch-a-thon over the weekend as I have a number of them to do for people, and now have 10 of various doors/connector styles ready for testing and final prep before sending. I have done a few extras though, so if you do need some, then you might even be in luck rather than having to wait for me to get my a-into-g to do some more... haha

Marty, any chance of having a DSP amp replacement-a-thon now? The 2001 Vogue that used to belong to OldShep and has been rescued by me and a mate has the DSP system with just the sub working. It did work intermittently but now not at all, or at least not in the 40 minutes it took me to drive it over to my mates place anyway.

This is getting very confusing with the same conversation going on here and on the dark side......

Gilbertd wrote:

Marty, any chance of having a DSP amp replacement-a-thon now? The 2001 Vogue that used to belong to OldShep and has been rescued by me and a mate has the DSP system with just the sub working. It did work intermittently but now not at all, or at least not in the 40 minutes it took me to drive it over to my mates place anyway.

I have 2 of the replacements half finished at the moment. The amps are mounted to the boards, I just have to finish making the looms up and then they are ready to go. I'm due to be away this week, though haven't been feeling the best the last few days, so I don't know if I will change my plans yet, but once the latches are totally finished and boxed up to go to their respective new homes, I can take a look at finishing off the amp boards, and then one will certainly be available.

@marty is there a way to identify my latch or is it best to remove it and read off the model number?

I can either look it up by VIN number, or of you have the door card off, and can see what connector (s) it has going to the vehicle loom, will determine which version it is.

I’ll PM you my VIN then Marty. Thanks