rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

On a vehicle like a P38 there's not much chance of the LPG install preventing other ECU's going to sleep. That can potentially occur on a minority of vehicles if the LPG ECU is wired to canbus to read the vehicle's fuel trims (by way of keeping talking to ECUs when ignition is off thus keeping ECU's awake) but that wouldn't happen on a P38 even if the LPG ECU was connected to the OBD socket. The only way the LPG ECU would be likely to draw current with the ignition off is if it's ignition on sensing wire is connected to something that's constantly powered up.

Right..

When she's awake she draws 0.89 amps, this drops to 0.62 when the bonnet is closed..

And after 1:18 seconds it drops to 0.05 amps..

This sound about right?

This is on the 10A scale on my multimeter!

It dropped in stages, it went 0.52 - 0.34 - 0.12 - 0.05

Cheers

Those readings dropping in stages sound about right IIRC.

0.05 is about spot on when everything is asleep.

Weather stations and the likes used to be a bugger for keeping things awake, however, if your RF receiver is disconnected it shouldn’t be that causing it.

David.

It has been a long time since I measured my current draw after RF problems (since resolved with a mk3 receiver).
I invested in a decent clamp on dc meter and I remember it was 0.63 amps awake and less than 10 milliamps (0.01 amp) when asleep which was exactly after 2 mins. The 10 milliamp reading may be a bit inaccurate because it is at the lower end of the range of the meter but I don't think it is too far out. I did read on one of the forums that earlier BECM's used a bit more current.
Strangerover: your 2001 is about the same as my 2000 which was 0.63 awake. That was with everything off and the key out and with the bonnet shut. I have got a metal bolt with a slot in it that fools the bonnet latch.

Thanks Both!

Yep it ready 0.05 which i'm happy with!