rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I think I need a new Door Latch assembly. I sometimes get the above message, even when the door is closed. If I open and reclose the door, the message always goes away. I had this a couple of years ago, but I sprayed the micro switch area of the latch with contact cleaner, and the fault went away for a couple of years. Now it's back. Last time I went through Marty's latch tests, but because it's intermittent, it passes. It's probably time to replace it(?) I seem to remember that someone had an MG P/N that was identical, but cheaper. The P/N I come up with (RH door, LHD, VIN# VA35----) is FQJ103240. They're around 200GBP, so I don't want to replace it unnecessarily.

I think that was a right hand drive mg latch you refer to. Different number of microswitches in the latches afaik.

The MG latches are the same as the P38 latches as long as you have the one with the pigtail with a 6 way and 2 way (with only one way used) connection and not the later one with a single larger connector. I know the MG LHD, Left hand latch is the same but not sure about the RH one. MG latches only have one microswitch in the passenger side latch rather than the 3 that both front latches have on the P38.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I should just order the P38 switch and not risk immobilizing myself.