rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'm trying to sort reverse light issue but car getting MOT on Monday if I havnt sorted issue by then and remove reverse light bulbs I know it won't fail for them not working but is thevbulb out warnings on dashboard a failure for reverse bulbs?

Doesn't look like it to me, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment, section 4.6. It would on anything later than 2009 though.

Do if it says lh and rh reversing bulb failure on dash it cannot fail for that

Doesn't look like it as reversing lights are not part of the test for a car first used before 1 September 2009. Doesn't mean the tester won't comment on it though, some of them like to make the rules up as they go along rather than follow the manual. If you want to get rid of the warning, you could always connect a couple of bulbs, paint them black and hang them down behind the cluster. They'll still come on but you won't be able to see them.

Or just hang a couple of these in place of the bulbs https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/panel-mount-fixed-resistors/1311254/

Thanks bud,my mate said remove bulbs but I know the testr he been doing it for 37yrs and he is a stickler I mean he failed my old Saab or rear arm mount and even though it was on ramp next door being done until it was actually on and all back together he wouldn't pass it

Gilbertd wrote:

Doesn't look like it as reversing lights are not part of the test for a car first used before 1 September 2009. Doesn't mean the tester won't comment on it though, some of them like to make the rules up as they go along rather than follow the manual. If you want to get rid of the warning, you could always connect a couple of bulbs, paint them black and hang them down behind the cluster. They'll still come on but you won't be able to see them.

I did think of the same earlier I covered bulb and left them in place it lastest about 2 mins then melted through lmao, again I'm hoping issue will be sorted by then