rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Does anyone know and decent repair kits, mines busted passengers side or and cheap sunroof cassettes for sale?

Give Dave at East Coast 4x4 a call on 07527 953807. I spent about 3 days trying to get one of the eBay kits to run smoothly and after I had it broke the second time I opened it so I got a complete working cassette from him for the Ascot. I think it was £80 but I had to go and collect it from near Beccles in Suffolk so may not be that convenient.

No I'm in Scotland bud

Yeah, bit of a trek for you......

I have dealt with Emmotts of Colne in the past. A bit nearer for you. Doable in a day if you live in the South of Scotland I would say.
They have been trustworthy for used p38 parts. Google them and give them a ring. They sponsor LandyZone but don't let that put you off. Ha Ha.

Just looked at where Beccles is on the map..... yup, that's a long way down.

On sunroofs though, what's the more common problem, or problems? Mine is there, but doesn't work. I suspect the motor is disconnected behind the light.

At this time of year I really don't want a sunroof stuck half open, but it's on the list of things to try and fix.

Can it be fully opened/closed manually? I'm thinking if I could run it back and fore a few times it might ease up. At very least I might know if any fault was with the mechanism, or something else?

Yes, the centre of the motor has a slot in it and when the car was new it was supplied with a Tee bar to wind it back and forth but a large flat screwdriver works just as well. The usual problem is that the system goes stiff and one of the many small cast levers breaks. You can buy a set of replacements from a seller on eBay but they are 3D printed plastic, require an awful lot of fettling to get them to fit together and move smoothly and aren't as strong as the originals. Not heard of anyone that has managed to get them to work for more than a couple of times before they break.

If the sunroof is there but doesn't work, after the battery has been off you'll get a sunroof not set message on the dash and, as it doesn't work, you can't reset it. If you aren't getting that message, then it is quite possible the BeCM has been told the sunroof isn't fitted to stop the message. In that case it isn't going to work even if it is in perfect working condition.

I am getting message and Kotor works but as I said the passengers side is broken so I though cassette would be easier

Yes, a full cassette that is known to be working is much easier. Also means you have to drop the headlining to fit it so you can re-trim it to deal with the drooping cloth while it is out.

Thanks Gd,

I'm also getting the 'sunroof not working' message - and it's not that annoying really. It hadn't occurred to me that I could turn it off in the BECM temporarily - however long that might be. I don't know yet if the motor works, but I'd imagine so.

To be fair, where I am, a sunroof won't be any kind of priority for the next 6 months or so!

Gilbertd wrote:

Yes, a full cassette that is known to be working is much easier. Also means you have to drop the headlining to fit it so you can re-trim it to deal with the drooping cloth while it is out.

Already done the headliner lol but dropping it again is that big a deal and fonmacn I agree its not a high priority maybe look for nice electric seats and fix heaters

ive a sunroof cassette on the way before its fitted is there anything i can do to ensure trouble free and smooth operation ?

Grease the mechanism.

thanks bud i thought it would be better now before fitted

Clean it first! Brake cleaner might be good for debris and muck out of the plastic moving parts and the rails?