rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Have just been looking at P38 stuff as you do when you acquire a new vehicle and happened across your great community in the process. I have to say the genuine feedback and support I have viewed looks great and friendly too which is always nice to see, which is why I decided to join.
I am new to The P38 and a complete novice, but always loved them so took the leap of faith to get one despite all the issues I read about on other forums etc. She has a few problems but hey, that is the fun part for me, don’t think I will be getting bored anytime soon :)

Look forward to reading the posts and hopefully being able to contribute to some during my apprenticeship.

Welcome. No matter how good they are, they will all have the odd little problem, if they didn't the previous owner wouldn't have sold them. There's nothing that is beyond the average mechanically minded owner though. What is it you've bought?

Hi and many thanks for the welcome, it’s really appreciated.

It’s a 99 plate autobiography (4.6 GEMs) in a dark metallic blue, quite a tidy vehicle TBH just needs a bit of TLC here and there with the usual things like tramlining and air suspension issues and most recently an issue with it overheating which I hope didn’t do any serious damage so keeping a close eye on that one at the moment. Like I said it’s a steep learning curve for me and nice to know I’m among some like minded enthusiasts.

In terms of location I’m not too far from Barnard Castle
Thanks again for the reply

As a recent member myself I will say there is great knowledge on here and willing help, ... sometimes all you need is the right clue, but if you need more it is there as well, check out the recent thread on fuel guage/instrument pod for example.

99 plate but GEMS? Must be one that sat around for a while before it was registered, or, as an Autobiography, whoever ordered it ordered a strange combination and it took them a long time to build it. Isn't Barnard Castle where people go for eye tests?

Barnie doesn't deserve association with that idiot!

Sabian - you're about 90 minutes North of me if you need a go on a Nanocom we could meet up.

welcome to the pub

Thanks Guys, really appreciate the support and the warm welcome.

I did wonder about mentioning Barnard Castle thinking it would provoke a bit of dialog. Even the newspapers couldn’t get the name right they called it Castle Barnard.

I've been there a couple of times. A mate's parent's used to own a former shepherds cottage near Brough that was used as a holiday home by friends and family. Most interesting time was looking down on a pair of RAF Tornados flying through the valley.....

Barnard Castle, eh? Think I drove through there a couple of years ago taking the Pretty Route back from Whitby one year :-)

Dear All,
Just stumbled across this site having been on RR.net for years. What a pleasant surprise and active community. Just coming to the end of a 2 yr rolling restoration, re-spray, re-hevac, re-air con, LPG refresh, locks, interior and exterior trims and currently working through some greml,ins with the heater core temperature sensor and binnacle LCD display, but more on those on the forum. Rather than a Nanocom i've got myself one of the Lynx Evo dongles which at the moment is paying for itself. Anyway looking forward to picking everyone's brains and hopefully contributing as well.

Found your way here then Paul, welcome.

Congrats and pics please! 😀😀

Sabian wrote:

Hi and many thanks for the welcome, it’s really appreciated.

It’s a 99 plate autobiography (4.6 GEMs) in a dark metallic blue, quite a tidy vehicle TBH just needs a bit of TLC here and there with the usual things like tramlining and air suspension issues and most recently an issue with it overheating which I hope didn’t do any serious damage so keeping a close eye on that one at the moment. Like I said it’s a steep learning curve for me and nice to know I’m among some like minded enthusiasts.

In terms of location I’m not too far from Barnard Castle
Thanks again for the reply

First thing to check is the rad isn’t blocked, had a few gems with blocked rads where no antifreeze had been used,,welcome to the world of not having a weekend free, lol,, there will always be something to play with being a p38 owner 😂🤣

Paul, welcome to the sane site,, looks like you have a collection, jcb, Noble,, you must have a very patient wife 😂🤣

Dear All,
Can we use this site for buying and selling? I have an item that might be of interest.

There was a thread created for that, its further down the first page!

This one https://rangerovers.pub/topic/1983?page=3