Just been to a garage which I won't name and they have quote me £5,000 plus VAT after inspecting my vehicle (2001) with 117,000 on the clock.
- Radiator top hose leaking
- Gearbox Cooler Pipe Leaking
- Front Radius arm bushes worn to excess
- Passenger side front axle top and bottom swivel ball joints worn to excess
5.Exhuast down pipe flexi joint rusted and hanging off
- Rear exhaust hitting chassis
- Driver rear wheel hub leaking oil
- Air suspension leaking
- Front brake new on one side and not on the other. Rear brake carrier changed but not caliper
- Front airbag badly perished
- Steering drop arm ball joint worn to excess
- Heigh sensor out of range
- Engine has exhaust emissions in cooling system.
My questions are:
- Is 5k a fair quote? What is the rough cost of parts vs labour?
- Are any of these serious enough to not drive the car?
- Should calipers be replaced in pairs?
- Engine has had head skimmed, could the engine exhaust fumes be related to when the head gasket went? Is there any tests I can do?
- What priority would people say these need to be done?
- Which would fail an MOT?
A friend has suggested waiting until Feb when the MOT is due and then addressing those that fail.
Having paid good money for the car in September, I was shocked by this estimate! It is more than the car is worth?
Thanks in advance,