rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi Gents, the right hand side blend motor seems to be duff the book symbol is showing and the air temp isn't too good, the LHS is just fine
If I need a new blend motor do I also need a Nanocom input to calibrate the new unit ?
Do I access the motor by dropping the glove compartment, and is there by any chance a fuse for this motor ?
2001 Bordeaux

Does the temperature change at all or is it stuck at one setting? You say driver's side UK but then talk about the glove box which would be on the UK passenger side so what is your car, left or right hand drive? If RHD, you can get at it by taking the instrument panel out and going in through the hole, if LHD you can get at it by dropping the glove box. You don't necessarily need to calibrate it but if you don't you may find that with the temperature set the same on both sides one side will be warmer than the other.

Thanks, the temp setting changes from Lo to Hi as it should - just no heat on drivers side , the car is UK - RHD
What's the line of attack first to remove the instrument panel ?

Drop the knee panel (4 screws), remove the instrument cluster surround (two screws at the top, two at the bottom that would have been obscured by the knee panel), unplug the petrol flap switch, unplug two connectors to the bottom of the instrument cluster, undo 4 screws that hold it in place (one in each corner, although no need to fully remove them just enough for the cluster to be loose), lift it out. DO NOT turn the ignition on while the cluster is unplugged. Temperature blend motor is the lower one of the two.

Just a note, if the 4 screws of the knee panel are still with their cover caps, pry them loose VERY gently and use plastic tools, they get scratched very easily and are visible, so once ruined you will regret it.
Likewise, the screws need their proper size screwdriver to fully engage in the cross.
Once you remove the knee panel, the flimsiness of its mounting points will show in all its true glory. Go carefully over each plastic "pillar" where the screw passes through, in order to check for cracks or broken bits in the (flimsy) plastic. If there, pass through with some heavy duty glue like poxipol to save them from certain destruction.
When you put back together the panel, do not over tighten, lest accelerate the breaking process described above. Is enough the panel just not to rattle, it is not structural so does not need too much pressure by those pesky screws ....

leolito wrote:

the knee panel

Mine's held together with glue and duct tape. It is likely psychological but the anthracite/darker one seems to be a little less brittle. Or possibly it's an age thing. The beige lightstone panel really is prone to self destructing at the best of times.