rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Will we break 30k before the site's fifth birthday, on the 29th?

so what is the official number , thats one more

Or indeed two!

29940 currently (will be 29941 with this post)

You can see it if you check the main forum page - its at the bottom
https://rangerovers.pub/

Is it the fifth birthday on the 29th or 30th? There was only one registered user, Gordon, on the 29th. It didn't get any more until 30th when Gordon's cat, me, Marty and Morat joined.

That's got it up to 29942.....

well im going away tomorrow so we have some work to do , well at least talk about what work we should be doing
do we get fireworks :)

Well! Thanks again for creating this terrific site!!! (3 Cheers!)
As we seem to be "Padding the numbers" a bit......Count me in for one more frivolous post!
Seriously though. Will this be a negotiated 30k or a "No Deal" 30k????
If it is a No deal...errr...deal.....Then just what will the EU do?.
If we do not make 30k it will obviously be due to "Poster fraud" and we will demand a recount!
Carry on Gents! and let me just say here that all the help and support from this forum is very much appreciated
over here where we do not even know what AA Yellow is!
Looking forward to a new year as this one has been a bit of a disappointment.
Cheers,
Tom
PS: Hey! If you need a few extra posts, how about counting the Spam posts.......Or are you already doing that??

That's a good point. Do the spam posts get counted even though we delete them? In which case, we could hit 31,000 by morning.......

............................Or, if not, we could be at 28,000 by morning...........

Is there a prize for the poster of 30k?

You get 1 free post of your choice!
And, I will buy anyone who shows up here a beer!
(I would anyway.....)

Will it depend on whether the birthday is counted as midnight tonight or the time of 'birth' on the 29th?

and the prize goes to dave3d.

As for the birthday, Gordon registered and, presumably put the site up, at 11:06pm on the 29th but the next member to join was Gordon's cat at 12:03am on the 30th. So does it count as a forum when it only has one member?

hope the post was not about something broken! lol

happy anniversary pub! you guys rock! :-)

Administrator

Well, we hit 30,000 at 15:51 on the 28th of December 2020, post number 31027, and it is right here - @dave3d posting about turbo hoses :-)

I should have thought of some sort of prize really...

That's as near as I can figure from the database, and working back from the total count and highest post ID in the database. So we've deleted just about 1000 spam posts over the five years the site's been running, and (weirdly) only about 250 topics.

The topics vs posts could be explained where either spam has been posted to an existing thread, or where a user has deleted their own post after replying. Its still not a lot of spam overall though, not even 1 a day if you counted all the deleted posts there.