rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse
Member
Joined:
Posts: 290

If you really want to be totally original with the A-E post trims on early cars then Thomas and Vines do a good job.

https://www.flocking.co.uk/

Member
Joined:
Posts: 245

My vehicle is 2001 and the pillars have a slightly fuzzy sort of a finish. It was very easy to sponge down with a damp cloth and then wipe it dry with a dry cloth. The surface didn't look as if it would scrub off at all easily, but it did clean up pretty easily.

Pierre3.

Member
Joined:
Posts: 245

I found that the square plugs that were originally fitted in place of a grab handle were too difficult to refit:
enter image description here
This picture isn't of my car, by the way.

I bought a used, clean passenger side grab handle and fitted it in place of the square plugs. I think that it looks better as now all the doors have a grab handle above them.

Pierre3.

Member
Joined:
Posts: 551

Pierre, I have got a sunglasses case on the drivers side where the grab handle normally goes. It has additional clips to position it.

There are also 3 hard foam rubber blocks glued to the roof. One has come off and needs glueing on again. I guess they act as spacers.

The trim panels have got a couple of oily finger marks on them. They are ABS so I was going to use petrol on them or IPA.

D day tomorrow .... fabric glueing (is that G day?). 3 generations: me, my son and my grandson.

Member
avatar
Joined:
Posts: 5901

dave3d wrote:

There are also 3 hard foam rubber blocks glued to the roof. One has come off and needs glueing on again.

Rubber blocks are the least trouble. Not long after I got my car I went round a corner a bit hard and heard something slide and go clunk. Dropping the headlining at the back I found a lump of 2" x 2" timber floating around there. There were holes in the headlining about level with the back of the front seats where I assume plod had fitted a cage and the bit of wood was there so they had something to screw it to. It was only later when I took the headlining out to retrim it that I found about a mile of additional cable and 6 chopped off aerial bases.

Member
Joined:
Posts: 245

Dave3d, I have only just caught up on posts. Hopefully you got the new material attached OK. I was well able to do it with the assistance of my wife, so I would think that it should have gone OK with three of you.

I don't remember the rubber blocks in the roof but then I wasn't looking for them, and therefore didn't notice them. The only two that I recall are those with Velcro glued to them, on the edge tailgate pillars, two on each side.

Richard, very many years ago a friend of mine bought a very rough E-type for buttons. It was a bit rough to the extent that the seats were actually sitting on 2x4 timber cross members !!! Along with quite a few holes in the floor. But what the hell, it was a cheap, cheap, cheap way to impress the girls at Tech College.

Pierre3.