rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I can’t find it in rave, so can anyone explain to me how to remove the mirror glass from the wing mirrors and replace please? I just broke one giving it a tug (worked on previous vehicles lol)

Thanks

I've seen it in RAVE somewhere but I can't find it now either. You have to push the glass one way and lift the opposite side. So you would carefully lever the glass towards the car and the outer edge should pop out of it's clips, OR, you carefully lever the glass away from the car and the other side pops out. Hopefully someone that has done it more recently than me will be able to tell you......

Thanks. I’ll try more gently then!

I’ve got the paper workshop manual so searching is a bit more difficult...

https://youtu.be/uUB431VD96o
hope this helps

1. To remove the mirror from the clip, move the mirror assembly around so it is facing away from the car. Use a blunt instrument (like a thick, square ended, ruler) behind the mirror from the inner edge (the edge near the window) to and push onto the centre of a 3cm-4cm part of the plastic clip that sits vertically and which the mirror lugs clip to. The lugs will come away from the clip and you can remove the mirror from the left side first.
  2. To remove the plastic clip from the assembly, use a small flat-head screwdriver to lever out and un-clip the 8 (or so) tabs from the assembly one at a time by putting the screwdriver into the ~1cm square gaps around the face of the plastic clip and gently lever the outside edge out.
  3. Use the new plastic clip (or the old one if it is still in one piece) and push back onto the mirror assembly making sure all 8 tabs are fully in place and the plastic clip is flush with the mirror assembly. It only goes on in one place because of a locating tab.
  4. Connect the electrical connections for the heated mirror and dimming (if available) and then fit the mirror anti-vibration tab into its slot (the black tab sticking out the back of the mirror). The left hand (closest to the car) of the mirror clips in first (where the 2-tabs are), then with your hand on the mirror push firmly away from the car until the long clip on the mirror slots into place. If you get the technique right, it should click into place in only a few seconds

Thanks all. I will have a practice with the broken one!

Even when you know the technique, you're pretty much guaranteed to break something - so buy some spare plastic fitting rings at least