rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Ive had an ongoing issue with the H&H (2000 P38) for past three years. Not a big deal but an irritant. Like a pebble in ones shoe.... sometimes it bothers you and other times you never notice it.
If I am to start it and drive away without pause then step on brakes the vehicle will not stop immediately but come to a slow stop. Maybe roll about 5’ slowing down.... If I let it idle for about 15 seconds then she will stop normally. I changed the accumulator a year ago and issue cleared for about a month and returned again.
ANyone have a notion? Doesn’t happen in the Linley

Assume you are setting off before the ABS, Brake and TC lights have gone out? Until they go out you've insufficient pressure in the power system for them to give full braking power, both of mine are exactly the same. They'll stop but not very well. Whether it is supposed to be like this or if the pressure is slowly dropping while parked I've no idea but if the Linley isn't then maybe it is down to slight wear in the seals inside the modulator?

That particular issue, albeit in a more minor way, fell off mine when I bled the brakes after changing the rear flexi hoses.

My normal procedure has aways been to wait until the lights are out before moving off but sometime I get impatient. I want to think that the lights were taking longer to go off during the 6 or 12 months of run up to the burst hose. If so it probably had started loosing pressure a bit faster than it should. Remembering that the last bleed was maybe 6 years previous when I changed all the calipers.

Doesn't help that, even pre COVID, mine might stand for a fortnight or more between outings.

Clive

Mine does the same. It was somewhat better after I bled the brakes, but you’d think it wasn’t like this when new. As I’m often parked in the garage, I like to start it and back out right away so I don’t leave any more exhaust fumes inside than I need to. It would be a bad deal if on backing out you immediately went down a steep driveway. My driveway is flat.

Thanks for replies gents. Informative and helpful as always.
Ill put it down to old age and leave her with her cantankerous reluctance to drive immediately after I start it in AM.
Cheers