rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi,

Is there a way to tell what my car left the factory as? It’s badged Vogue, and is much higher spec interior than my other 99 HSE, but the DVLA docs say HSE. Maybe a previous owner added the badge and upgraded the interior, and running strips, bumpers etc.

Tia

DVLA docs are often wrong, it all depends what whoever registered it put it down as. Someone recently said that all the later high spec ones were badged as Vogue rather than HSE, but not sure how true this is. Specs seemed to change every year anyway. I have a feeling that running boards weren't standard on any but an option although that may not be correct. The problem is that you could ask for options to be added when you ordered a car so an HSE could be the same as a Vogue in all but badge if someone asked for the additional bits.

it's all to do with what optional extras was added at time of manufacture me and neighbour both have 2.5td p38 and I've got a few optional extras eg chubby box drink holder where he don't and I've got twin exhaust

Cubby box cup holder was standard on higher spec ones and an option on others. Exhausts seemed to be whatever they had laying around at the time.

If anyone has the full version of Microcat, it should show what options were fitted from the VIN but doesn't always.

If anyone has the full version of Microcat, the VIN but doesn't always.

I have got a VIN checking program on laptop and it tels me all my p38 is fitted with and twin exhaust was one of them it even tells me what brand of tyers it left Solihull on

Have you tried British Motor Industry Heritage Trust? They have a lot of the records. I know for older LR products you can get information from them as to build spec, to the extent it was recorded.

thanks all.