rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I have to get it sent to Edinburgh, and I don't have an exact date yet as to when I am going to Scotland.

Hopefully, they may have them back in stock before the end of the month.

Pierre3.

By the way, what was the difference between the ordinary P38 DHSE, or the 4.6 petrol P38, and the Ascot ? Why are the battery leads different ?

Pierre3.

Maybe because they didn't have as much cable in 1996? It's the length of the lead between the fusebox and the battery that makes the difference and it was only half an inch or so shorter, just not quite long enough to reach the post.

Among the other trials and tribulations of my recent excursion to Kent, I left ireland with the biggest battery I could buy which was OK but the wrong handed terminals. I thought while I was 'abroad' I would take advantage and order a Hankook............... wow what a difference! Starting the diesel has never been so easy. Really impressed.

Just to go back to chargers...

I always got around two years out of a battery, or one day after the warranty ran out! Which was a bit of a pain. Everything was working fine, no drain, good charge from the alternator, just the heat killed them.

Invested in a C-tek, and this last battery (same brand as before) has been going for five years now, still happy flinging the engine over. I just tend to throw the charger on every now and again, stick it on its, "Sort the battery out" setting and all's good.

I don't think battery warranty's are worth the paper thay are written on. It is easy for the supplier to say the battery has been misused.
Invariable it has to be posted back to them for testing.

dave3d wrote:

I don't think battery warranty's are worth the paper thay are written on. It is easy for the supplier to say the battery has been misused.
Invariable it has to be posted back to them for testing.

To be fair, Motolite are one of the biggest suppliers here and seem to have a branch on every street corner. People I know who've had a battery go tits-up during the warranty period have had a little guy turn up on a motorbike with a new one within the hour, no quibble.

I know that when one of mine has gone (and they tend to die suddenly) I've never waited more than 30 minutes before a new one is there.

I bet they're wondering why they haven't sold me a new battery recently!