rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

How to handle when EKA code is needed, I've learned it inside out. What puzzles me, in the example from the owners handbook they use 4-3-2-1, or even-uneven-even-uneven.
After 4 times in lock direction you start giving in the digits.The even digits you give them in the unlock direction and the uneven digits in the lock direction.

Or must I look at it first digit unlock, second digit lock, third digit unlock and fourth digit lock direction and conclude with turning the key in unlock direction (no matter even or uneven)?

I don't dare to try it just to see what happens because my code starts with an uneven digit...

Ferryman wrote:

Or must I look at it first digit unlock, second digit lock, third digit unlock and fourth digit lock direction and conclude with turning the key in unlock direction (no matter even or uneven)?

Yes, as an example my EKA is 5335, so it's lock x 4 to initialise it then unlock x 5, lock x 3, unlock x 3, lock x 5 then unlock to unlock the car. Then sync the keyfob (this process is stored in my phone for when I need it). Odd or even isn't relevant at all, just coincidence.

Hmmmmm, I could of course get banned for this from somewhere, but it is interesting information, and worth a discussion, as it was news to me.
I will attribute it to Pwood999 form another forum.............

Also when entering keycode, always open & close the door after 2nd attempt. This resets the counter so you don't reach the "3 tries causes lockout" state.

Is this true? I would try it, but my Beloved P-38 is about 6000 miles North of here.........

Thank you Richard (and Bolt), obvious I'm not too keen with numbers...

I thought the opening and closing only reset the process midway through entering a number? So just say you messed up or lost track of entering a digit, open and close the door to start that attempt again.

Of course, that only works if your door open switch actually works too. Assuming you have a BECM with a high enough software version, entering through the nanocom avoids all of this anyway...

Sloth wrote:

Of course, that only works if your door open switch actually works too.

I've got the latches from Magic Marty, they do work...