rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Slightly off topic, But I have a friend who wants to convert a 110 to v8, but lives in the ULEZ zone, so wants it to be ULEZ compliant. Is there such a thing as a compliant V8 which could "readily" be dropped in - the next problem would be convincing TFL, of course...

A late model, Thor, 4.0 litre P38 is ULEZ compliant. A GEMS isn't and a 4.6 isn't and the 4.0 litre shouldn't be as they are all Euro 3, so it is obviously a mistake on the part of TfL. How long the situation will stay like that is anyone's guess but sooner or later they will realise and close the loophole I'm sure.

Thanks - the more I read the more it looks like a dead end.. you can spend a lot of time and effort to maybe get Euro 4 (Thor loophole aside) and then Sadiq will change the rules at the drop of the hat , and lo and behold the requirement will be Euro 6... the only foolproof way is to do an EV conversion, i think - or buy a 40 year old base vehicle (until they change the rules on that too...)

I don't think its a mistake or loophole as such, some other vehicles fall into the same early adopter bracket despite being Euro 3, and the same applies to Birmingham's CAZ. But the risk would be as you say, that the rules can/probabbly will change at a later date when he decides to. The Taxi conversions that qualified were done with an engine (and fuel) swap to a tested and approved standard (at substantial cost).

Moving outside of the ULEZ would probabbly be the easier way to address the problem, though that doesn't solve the problem if you need to drive in the expanded zone coming late October